Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

dar83 wrote: »
    Hey guys, bit of a lurker reader here but have been playing Destiny on and off since launch and have posted in some of the other topics about on here for it over the time. So, my reason for finally posting :D I've gotten to this stage playing Destiny always having problems finding people to Raid with, or to be more precise find enough people I know online at whatever time I am, to Raid with. I have looked at a few of the options out there including Destinylfg etc... but my issue is this,

I have never actually completed VoG.

There, I've said it. :pac: I've probably played in parts of VoG upwards of 10 times on different occasions, reaching Atheon on a few of them before the group I was playing with has fallen apart and lost too many people to actually make finishing it possible. Due to this I've only ever really been one of the people that tags along and does what they're told so this is part of my problem I think, as I don't want to jump into Raids with a random group when I feel I may be shortchanging them on someone that is more useful at certain points. So, I've somewhat shied away from putting myself out there so to speak in relation to this. In contrast I have completed CE twice so far, once on normal and once on Hard, so I'm not a terrible player or anything and I do have decent enough gear (lvl31 at present with a Hunter and 30 with a Titan).

So my question is, at this stage of things is there any way for a VoG novice to find a tolerant enough group to go through that Raid with? Or does everyone pretty much expect everyone else to have completed that numerous times and for it to be old hat to them by now? :D

I've never completed vog either, only ran it once with 4 other people who hadn't run it and one guy who had and we fell at the final hurdle due to disconnects and time. I don't typically have the time to commit to finding people or organising a group so I am more likely to just solo stuff or 2 man content. Did CE normal for the first time last week and that was easy enough, took a stab at soloing it and so far this week have managed to get to the death singer on normal and hard so at least some of the content is fairly accessible to me.

If you are interested in madly dashing straight into content and dieing a lot in an effort to cram your session in under 30 mins i am your guy:) xbone thing is thiscostatenner if you ever see me and want to jump in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Cormac... wrote: »
    I'll run it past Fieldog :pac:

I had to change it from "Boards Official IE Clan" as whenever I played with PuGs I was asked "What's an Internet Explorer Clan"? :o

Yeah, try having Dar IE as your gamertag...

"Hey Dareeee"

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I've never completed vog either, only ran it once with 4 other people who hadn't run it and one guy who had and we fell at the final hurdle due to disconnects and time. I don't typically have the time to commit to finding people or organising a group so I am more likely to just solo stuff or 2 man content. Did CE normal for the first time last week and that was easy enough, took a stab at soloing it and so far this week have managed to get to the death singer on normal and hard so at least some of the content is fairly accessible to me.

If you are interested in madly dashing straight into content and dieing a lot in an effort to cram your session in under 30 mins i am your guy:) xbone thing is thiscostatenner if you ever see me and want to jump in.

I didn't know you were an Xbox One player. There should be a few people on tonight. I'll be on from around 8 if I ever get out of work.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Anyone else on PS4 looking to try either VoG Normal (if you're 26-30) or VoG Hard or Crotas End Normal (for 30+) for the 1st time?

I'm putting a newbie/sherpa group together to do some raiding tomorrow around 8ish (or after, I'm easy)

So far I think there's me and 3 newbies, maybe 4

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I didn't know you were an Xbox One player. There should be a few people on tonight. I'll be on from around 8 if I ever get out of work.....

I always thought he was a PS player to. I could be on tonight as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HavelTRock

I can help with that Cormac.
    Goose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

i reckon we should get a Boards Clan colour scheme going for our Raids and PVP runs.... WHO IS WITH ME!?

Great idea, for pvp something really poxy like that little purple and pink number, IB coordination is already under control.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

I'll be on from 9 tomorrow to help if you are looking for guides on the ps4 Cormac. Psn MADMADRA32

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Lads do strikes auto fill?

I've had people leave at the start of a strike and it seems like it never searches for another player. Is it because we are entering the restricted spawn areas and it stops matchmaking?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFL9bfVt2Yg

On mobile, could someone embed this libk please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Lads do strikes auto fill?

I've had people leave at the start of a strike and it seems like it never searches for another player. Is it because we are entering the restricted spawn areas and it stops matchmaking?

Yes apart from the Nightfall but you could be waiting a while for others to spawn in

DeSelby83 wrote: »

On mobile, could someone embed this libk please

Hype!

Hype!

All aboard the hype train!

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

That looks great !

I had my absolute worst swordbearer run yesterday. it actually didn't feel laggy, but Crota got me nearly everytime ... strange. Sorry for the lads in the group - I usually do better than this !

I probably need to play more ... which will happen :)

I am wondering if they will re-realease the hold Queen Wrath \ Bounty gear. I am pretty sure they will, but I hope not. My hunter usually wear that cape since i don't see anyone else with it ... still have the sniper rifle too. it's a bit **** but should do the job upgraded.

For the lads who want to haven't do the raids yet ... do it! count me in too if you need.

going to have to sort out my internet connection though. I now have an eircom connection : can't PVP. I still have a 3 \ 3G connection ... ok wired, not ok through wifi ... and even then, I have NAT issue. what a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

That looks great !

I had my absolute worst swordbearer run yesterday. it actually didn't feel laggy, but Crota got me nearly everytime ... strange. Sorry for the lads in the group - I usually do better than this !

I probably need to play more ... which will happen :)

I am wondering if they will re-realease the hold Queen Wrath \ Bounty gear. I am pretty sure they will, but I hope not. My hunter usually wear that cape since i don't see anyone else with it ... still have the sniper rifle too. it's a bit **** but should do the job upgraded.

For the lads who want to haven't do the raids yet ... do it! count me in too if you need.

going to have to sort out my internet connection though. I now have an eircom connection : can't PVP. I still have a 3 \ 3G connection ... ok wired, not ok through wifi ... and even then, I have NAT issue. what a pain.

There was a lot of strange stuff happening in that Crota run last night - the Crystal didn't appear in the room at one stage!! Then the thralls and knights kept disappearing and reappearing a few seconds later, all very weird.

Getting some many errors this week, beaver, caterpillar, sheep, marionberry, the whole lot. hopefully it settles down before next week. Can't wait for it....

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    There was a lot of strange stuff happening in that Crota run last night - the Crystal didn't appear in the room at one stage!!

I've seen that happen once before (the crystal not appearing). Best to go to orbit and then load it in again if it's that glitchy. Makes the Crota battle more difficult and unpredictable.

Xur is at the Tower North past the Speaker

An Insurmountable Skullfort: 87 Discipline
    Knucklehead Radar: 115 Strength
    Apotheosis Veil: 108 Discipline
    Truth

Nothing for me there

updqm4u.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Truth

Nothing for me there

Truth is worth picking up for those that don't have it already.

Will stock up on up a few weapon telemetries for next week myself.

I'll be having that RL, thanks Xur you're the best, oh and look Knucklehead Radar, time to go shopping.

Pretty poor discipline stat for the Skullfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,913 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Truth is worth picking up for those that don't have it already.

Will stock up on up a few weapon telemetries for next week myself.
    Might be an idea (for some, depends on your inventory) to grab some Exotic Shards too - you can use them to upgrade your exotic weapons (and armour I assume) to level 34 cap - not the etheric light stuff. I have 10 or so myself I think, so I will probably double up.

Galla, Thorn, Vex, Truth, Thunderlord, Ice Breaker, Mida, Hawkmoon, Last Word and probably a few other weapons I'll want to upgrade. Along with 2 or 3 pieces of armour per character at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Truth

Are those the max stats when fully levelled?

nevelator wrote: »
    Are those the max stats when fully levelled?

An Insurmountable Skullfort: 87 Discipline 93 Max
    Knucklehead Radar: 115 Strength 123 Max
    Apotheosis Veil: 108 Discipline 117 Max

• Registered Users Posts: 45,913 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

What would you reckon the perfect PvP 6 man team make up would be for control?

2 Voidwalking Warlocks
    2 Defender Titans
    2 Hunters

What you reckon?

I'm always annoyed when I am playing as a warlock and there is no defender titan around to bubble up a control point.

It is also irritating when I am the defender titan but no one comes to offer protection when going for a control point. So I capture the point with my bubble but get killed instantly when I leave the bubble or it dissolves because the two/three oppo players were just waiting for me - and then they recapture the point immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

dudeeile wrote: »
    An Insurmountable Skullfort: 87 Discipline 93 Max
    Knucklehead Radar: 115 Strength 123 Max
    Apotheosis Veil: 108 Discipline 117 Max

Thanks. Was on the fence if I was going to get a knucklehead radar. My current one is 105 - so will get it for the +18 roll and hope when I dismantle my current one I get 2 shards.

Finally a Truth for you dudeeile - it will probably be your first exotic drop in HoW now!!!

nevelator wrote: »
    Thanks. Was on the fence if I was going to get a knucklehead radar. My current one is 105 - so will get it for the +18 roll and hope when I dismantle my current one I get 2 shards.

Finally a Truth for you dudeeile - it will probably be your first exotic drop in HoW now!!!

Yep we all know too well how Destiny rolls at this stage. In fact I'm pretty sure it'll pop from a raid over the weekend, hell maybe even a crucible reward.

Think you get just one shard from a dismantle btw. Hunter helm has a good roll and the warlock is an improvement for mine so really good job Xur.

What would you reckon the perfect PvP 6 man team make up would be for control?

2 Voidwalking Warlocks
    2 Defender Titans
    2 Hunters

I'd have to go with one of each, all skills covered so a counter for everything. You could go with 2 Defenders for that extra little bit of added protection but the Striker can really clear an area with Aftermath on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

3 Bladedancers
    3 Golden Guns

Or

4 Defenders
    2 Golden guns

Bubbles themselves aren't actually useful unless you can create enough to give people supers through orbs

Question time:

Exotics
    What Exotic Weapon Will You Ascend FIRST? Mine - G-horn
    What Exotic Weapon Will You Ascend SECOND? Mine - P&T (arc handy for Fallen and it would be good to have a mix of elemental effects)
    What Exotic Weapon Will You Ascend THIRD? Mine - Suros (for ToO as I still love ARs)
    What Exotic Weapon Will You Ascend LAST? Mine - NLB

Raids/Iron Banner:
    What Vault of Glass Weapon Will You Ascend First? Mine - FB (Arc for them Fallen feckers)
    What Crota's End Weapon Will You Ascend First? Mine - Pulse Rifle (again Arc, plus full Auto)
    What Iron Banner Weapon Will You Ascend First? Mine - Jolders Hammer (I rolled the perfect Void one recently)

Reddit straw-poll link for whoever wants to participate in a vote there:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/361nni/polls_what_exoticraid_weapons_will_you_ascend/

Guaranteed 2 orbs every time, can't go wrong with that. Also melee kills create orbs a possibility and armour to spawn more orbs. Vive la defender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Exotics
    What Exotic Weapon Will You Ascend FIRST? - Ghorn
    What Exotic Weapon Will You Ascend SECOND? - Vex Mytho
    What Exotic Weapon Will You Ascend THIRD? - Hawkmoon
    What Exotic Weapon Will You Ascend LAST? - Plan C
    Raids/Iron Banner:
    What Vault of Glass Weapon Will You Ascend First? - Fatebringer
    What Crota's End Weapon Will You Ascend First? - Black Hammer
    What Iron Banner Weapon Will You Ascend First? - Radegast's Fury/Felwinters

This discussion has been closed.