Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,912 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

AdamD wrote: »
    3 Bladedancers
    3 Golden Guns

Or

4 Defenders
    2 Golden guns

Bubbles themselves aren't actually useful unless you can create enough to give people supers through orbs

I find bubbles very useful in Control (not so in pretty much anything else)

1. You can capture points fairly easily if the other team doesn't have a super at the time or in range.
    2. If you assume they were going to kill people with their super anyway, then you can get them to waste it getting just one kill on yourself.

Maybe I was inflating my own ego at the times, but I know I have felt that I have turned the tide of a few control games through capturing a point with a bubble, armour of light and some flying fists! Changing spawn locations, upping the control point multiplyer and getting a few hundred points in a couple of seconds can really change a game of control.

Cormac... wrote: »
    I'm fairly confident that Boards frowns upon links to Polls. So I'm not gonna risk an infraction here.

Over on Reddit I created a fun thread where you can vote on the following:
    Exotics
    What Exotic Weapon Will You Ascend FIRST? Mine - G-horn
    What Exotic Weapon Will You Ascend SECOND? Mine - P&T (arc handy for Fallen and it would be good to have a mix of elemental effects)
    What Exotic Weapon Will You Ascend THIRD? Mine - Suros (for ToO as I still love ARs)
    What Exotic Weapon Will You Ascend LAST? Mine - NLB
    Raids/Iron Banner:
    What Vault of Glass Weapon Will You Ascend First? Mine - FB (Arc for them Fallen feckers)
    What Crota's End Weapon Will You Ascend First? Mine - Pulse Rifle (again Arc, plus full Auto)
    What Iron Banner Weapon Will You Ascend First? Mine - Jolders Hammer (I rolled the perfect Void one recently)

It's just for fun and you don't need to be a member to click on the polls and vote FWIW
    http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/361nni/polls_what_exoticraid_weapons_will_you_ascend/

Maybe vote on the polls but discuss here instead of there cause yanno......
    looks like Reddit doesn't like your poll either!

EDIT: What Exotic Weapon Will You Ascend FIRST? Mine - G-horn
    What Exotic Weapon Will You Ascend SECOND? Mine - Thorn
    What Exotic Weapon Will You Ascend THIRD? Mine - Vex
    What Exotic Weapon Will You Ascend LAST? Mine - NLB
    Raids/Iron Banner:
    What Vault of Glass Weapon Will You Ascend First? Mine - FB
    What Crota's End Weapon Will You Ascend First? Mine - Fang (Scout Rifle)
    What Iron Banner Weapon Will You Ascend First? Mine - Jolders Hammer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

What would you reckon the perfect PvP 6 man team make up would be for control?

2 Voidwalking Warlocks
    2 Defender Titans
    2 Hunters

What you reckon?

I'm always annoyed when I am playing as a warlock and there is no defender titan around to bubble up a control point.

It is also irritating when I am the defender titan but no one comes to offer protection when going for a control point. So I capture the point with my bubble but get killed instantly when I leave the bubble or it dissolves because the two/three oppo players were just waiting for me - and then they recapture the point immediately.

I'd be more inclined for Control to got with 3 Defenders and 3 Voidwalkers
    Grab, Deny, Grab, Deny, Rinse, Repeat.

Clash/Skirmish would be a different matter.

Only reason I'd go with 3 Voidwalkers is if you were smart enough to stagger your Nova Bombs so you could perpetually get multi-kills on groups of enemies capping zones or grabbing their heavy.

Plus with 3 Defenders you could run in a group of 4, including one warlock for offense in a big circle capping zones and taking it in turns to deploy your bubbles.

While the other 2 warlocks act as Auxiliaries and just bomb the f**k out of whatever the enemy is trying to grab, before flipping the spawns and grabbing whatever Orbs the passing Titans had left to recharge.

Very little skill or luck required tbh.
    With hunters unfortunaley you could either miss with your super, find that there's only one or maybe 2 enemies around, or even be killed while deploying it.
    At least with Nova bombs you could stay behind cover before hitting the control point or heavy ammo.

This strategy I've devised with balanced spawns in mind (think Twilight Gap, Rusted Lads etc).... if it was Blind Watch or Firebase delphi.... i'd be more inclined to add a blade-dancer or 2

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I really don't think the make up of the team makes much difference.

I don't think PvP in Destiny is really that strategic.

awec wrote: »

Not strategic per-say, but having 6 player communicating with some bubbles in there and the occasionally voidwalker (or other super) calling out when they are gonna wreck capture zones or heavy ammo is definitely a game winner.

The last few seasons of Iron Banner proved this for most of us who were doing it in the Clan on PS4.
    Once you find those sweet spots in Control to drop the bubbles (with blessings of light) and check well in advance of the heavy drop who has offensive supers it can make the world of difference. giving 3 other players overshields and 2 orbs is a great help. I usually call out a few seconds in advance before i drop my bubble to give lads a chance to group up.

But that being said, I guess that's more communication than anything. But I'd definitely rather be in a team with 2 defenders for Control than without.

Sunsinger is actually a really good one too.... Oh the traps you can lay :D
    looks like Reddit doesn't like your poll either

Screw you, I'd never added a Flair :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Exotics
    What Exotic Weapon Will You Ascend FIRST? - Gjallahorn
    What Exotic Weapon Will You Ascend SECOND? - Thorn
    What Exotic Weapon Will You Ascend THIRD? - Ice breaker
    What Exotic Weapon Will You Ascend LAST? - NLB
    Raids/Iron Banner:
    What Vault of Glass Weapon Will You Ascend First? - Fatebringer
    What Crota's End Weapon Will You Ascend First? - Black Hammer
    What Iron Banner Weapon Will You Ascend First? - Radegast's Fury

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Agree with this, any combination will work once the players are decent and make the right decisions. Trials will be more strategic but I still think you'll be able to get away with most combinations if you're good enough. Though I see little use for bubbles at all (yeah, not a bubble fan). With every mode being so kill dependent I think bubbles are just a waste. I mean best case scenario you get your bubble on or around B and it isn't destroyed, which would require nobody on the opposing side to have a super. If I'm using Golden Gun I can take 3 or 4 people out of B without much fuss, I think that's more useful. And what really decides close matches (of any mode) is taking out the opposition heavy, which Titans have the worst supers for. A Golden Gun or Nova Bomb can clear out the enemy heavy spawn from a reasonable distance.

Might be a bit disingenuous to Titans as most of my Titan PvP playtime came from ranking up to level 20 but I still believe it to be the weakest class for PvP.

Cormac... wrote: »

Screw you, I'd never added a Flair :P
    What on earth is a Flair? Reddit is confusing...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Hahaha.

What was the one exotic that just wouldn't drop for me? Truth.

What dropped last week - Truth, finally.

And in the NF last night.

And now from Xur.

Destiny RNGesus humour clearly

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Hahaha.

And now from Xur.

Go buy one for your third character just to say "f**k you RNGesus, I win!"

Some good gaming last night. 3 manning Crota was a good experience! And it was a quick run too.

Moar Crucible tonight young sir????

• Advertisement

Might well do the 3 weeklies so I can get 27 strange coins and buy a few more Exotic Shards.

I have 8 bits of armour I want to ascend and 19 exotic weapons to ascend (more if you count the duplicates and non-levelled ones)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Hahaha.

And now from Xur.

I jumped on last night to try and join you guys and what do I get hit with? Weasel after weasel!

I'm not blaming you, but if I were superstitious..... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

I jumped on last night to try and join you guys and what do I get hit with? Weasel after weasel!

I'm not blaming you, but if I were superstitious..... :pac:

Are you alleging my internetz haz the STD?!
    How dare you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Are you alleging my internetz haz the STD?!
    How dare you!

:pac:

I'll hopefully have this fixed before Tuesday anyway. UPC are being a great help in trying to figure out the problem.

Don't know whether I'd recommend Truth or not to people.

For PvP it's a no-go for me because chances are you will have your exotic slot already taken by either your primary or special.

For PvE it's not as good as Gjallahorn (obviously) nor Hunger of Crota (which has the advantage of letting you equip Icebreaker for the raids).

I'd say buy it if you want to collect all the exotics, or if you don't have a Gjallahorn or Hunger of Crota, but other than that I'd save the coins.

It's handy for Void Burn given it's the only Void exotic in the game.
    Plus it's great fun to use it like a Mortar in PvP.
    Other than that though, yeah, it's not a massive game changer and doesn't get a whole pile of use

IIRC in Trials a certain round is designated as the 'Heavy round' (once one team gets to 3 I believe), so you'll know heavy is coming at the start of the round and will switch to your best heavy weapons. If you're taking Trials seriously I'd say Truth would be worth picking up as its the best PvP Heavy weapon by a mile

It's a pity he isn't selling the upgrade. I have the old 300 damage Truth, not sure I want to drop 17 coins on a new one.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,282 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's a pity he isn't selling the upgrade. I have the old 300 damage Truth, not sure I want to drop 17 coins on a new one.

You'll be able to upgrade it to 365 attack when the dlc comes, don't waste your coins on duplicates.

It makes more sense economically (strange coins and glimmer wise) to buy a new one and shard your old one

I did a whole big thing on it before I decided to stop contributing to the cess pool that is bungie.net

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/84006906/0/0/1

• Advertisement

That's outdated though, its only going to cost 1 exotic shard and 25 weapon parts to ascend an Exotic weapon now. So Awec should definitely wait til Tuesday then just ascend his Truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

1.2.0 is going live later today.
    Patch 1.2.0 goes live today! You will need to return to the title screen to take the update. Players will not be kicked from activities.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

1.2.0 is going live later today.

Good news Sniper. Any indication how big the patch is?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

CDBWhoop wrote: »

Doesn't seem to be that big as you have to apply it on the title screen and not as a game update. All the HoW files were in that 6gb patch we downloaded a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

ffs... was just about to finish the Eris mission The Wakening for the first time, almost had the crystal destroyed and get fecking disconnected in order to apply the update

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

ffs... was just about to finish the Eris mission The Wakening for the first time, almost had the crystal destroyed and get fecking disconnected in order to apply the update

I was in the middle of a telemetry to rank up truth

CDBWhoop wrote: »

7GB big

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

dudeeile wrote: »
    I was in the middle of a telemetry to rank up truth

You'd think you'd at least get some sort of warning notification in-game 10 minutes or so before the disconnect.

Oh well.. at least it didn't happen later on the middle of a raid

You'd think you'd at least get some sort of warning notification in-game 10 minutes or so before the disconnect.

You should be able to restart from the last checkpoint at the crystal i think.....

• Advertisement

To be fair there was a warning but no time given, you'd think they would be able to be a bit more specific all the same.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement