Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Anyone been kicked a lot recently? On ps4 with Sky internet

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

In all honesty not may of the legendary Hand Cannons can match the rare Regulator MK 56. except against high level mobs. It has the highest impact possible for a Hand Cannon just like Timurs Lash.

I'm using Polite Denial 0/1 which to be fair, is a great hand cannon. I've got OCD though and I don't want to see anything but purple and yellow in my gear menus. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

6th bounty up?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Varik wrote: »
    6th bounty up?

Yup up a few hours now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Treasure key dropped from a chest yesterday ... not bad, that only took SIX HOURS of grinding!

Roll on Tuesday. Speed run story missions to get Prison of Elders unlocked so I can get my loot!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,912 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Treasure key dropped from a chest yesterday ... not bad, that only took SIX HOURS of grinding!

Roll on Tuesday. Speed run story missions to get Prison of Elders unlocked so I can get my loot!!

I got one from my second chest. Got nowt but blues and secondary weapon ammo from the other hours I put in. Including not finding one of the chests and not getting a key or chest from one of the bounties at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I got two Keys overall yesterday, 4 Legendary engrams (Helmet, Special and Heavy weapon, Class item) and an absolute shed load of Spin metal (now have over 1400 of the stuff), glimmer and special/heavy ammo synthesis packs. My vault is also now completely full with blue engrams, as are my characters inventory slots. :pac:

If you're farming, then Overwatch is the place to do it. Easiest boss to kill even with only two people trying and the easiest place for chest placement and quickly changing area and coming back for 3x chests per drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Missed my first few chests, but saw in the feed that others had received legendary engrams from them. Might grind a few more tonight for the chance of a purple engram ... I'm swimming in blues!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Chests? Keys?

53457651.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Missed my first few chests, but saw in the feed that others had received legendary engrams from them. Might grind a few more tonight for the chance of a purple engram ... I'm swimming in blues!

All my characters inventory is full of engrams, even the post maters is full... I moved my legendaries and treasure keys to my inventory to make sure they dont get accidentally deleted!!

I still have some space on Xbox so I might connect later today and grind a bit more, find Skywatch the best place to do it as you can get the chest 4-5 times if you are quick enough (and with a bit of luck) ;)

I am pretty sure they wont patch this yet (probably couple of weeks until they do) so once I can decrypt then on tuesday i will be get at it again

• Advertisement

Its really ****ing boring though..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

AdamD wrote: »

You're talking to the guys who stood outside a cave all day long shooting hive as they constantly respawned.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Bohrio wrote: »
    All my characters inventory is full of engrams, even the post maters is full... I moved my legendaries and treasure keys to my inventory to make sure they dont get accidentally deleted!!

I still have some space on Xbox so I might connect later today and grind a bit more, find Skywatch the best place to do it as you can get the chest 4-5 times if you are quick enough (and with a bit of luck) ;)

I am pretty sure they wont patch this yet (probably couple of weeks until they do) so once I can decrypt then on tuesday i will be get at it again

Have only done one bounty, what the story with this chest in skywatch? You complete the bounty over and over again?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Hococop wrote: »
    Have only done one bounty, what the story with this chest in skywatch? You complete the bounty over and over again?

Yes the Wolves spawn quite frequently. You fend them off and then a chest spawns in the map in one of three locations. You can get materials, ammo , blue & legendary engrams and a key. Chest lasts a little over a minute, I think. You can leave the area and come back and generally get it at least twice.
    I found Venus to be the best spot as the enemies are easy and the two locations are right beside each other.
    Public events seem to activate more regularly and often with the wolves which can create bedlam.

Basically once the "wolves start prowling" and you kill the waves of them that come and then the target itself that comes with the last wave, a chest will spawn in one of 4-5 locations in the area that you're in. You can open the chest to get items from it, then hop on your scooter :P and hightail it out of the area, just far enough so that you register in the neighbouring area, then you turn around and come back. This allows you to "open" the chest again and receive more items. Rinse and repeat as many times as you can before the 1:30 timer expires.

Skywatch is the easiest location to do this, as the target is a Servitor that has no shield and doesn't actively run around the architecture trying to avoid being hit. The chests also most likely spawn relatively close to the entrance/exit to the area and the distance to the neighbouring area is literally one corner and a short tunnel away. Makes multiple grabs of the chest possible in the one attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

AdamD wrote: »

Agreed, it was really exciting the first few times I ran them and whenever a new Queen's bounty became available but I need to take a break from it now. I'm swimming in blues!! I got 1 Legendary Heavy engram and 1 Treasure Key, so I'm happy with that haul.

Might pop on for some crucible tonight, but I'm done with PVE/Patrol until the reset. I have my Cryptarch and Faction ranks ready to level up on Tuesday, so I'm hoping that I'll get some drops from them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Anyone getting the cattle error I can't get into destiny

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Yes the Wolves spawn quite frequently. You fend them off and then a chest spawns in the map in one of three locations. You can get materials, ammo , blue & legendary engrams and a key. Chest lasts a little over a minute, I think. You can leave the area and come back and generally get it at least twice.
    I found Venus to be the best spot as the enemies are easy and the two locations are right beside each other.
    Public events seem to activate more regularly and often with the wolves which can create bedlam.

Cheers so I don't need any bounty just keep going to the area

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »

El Senior has returned :D

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Yup! It's just like a public event, but it way more frequent and the chest appears every time.

• Advertisement

You only need to do the bounty 2-3 times and you can get up to 60 engrams or more (plus materials, keys, etc).

I find it much more effective than the old grinding.

the way it works is that you do the bounty (you dont really need the bounty to get the chest), and as soon as you kill the bad guy look for the chest, there are only 4 spots where it can spawn, if you are lucky and if it spawns beside the entrance to the lunar complex, you can grab the chest, get on your bike, rid towards the lunar complex, as soon as the screen says "Lunar Complex" you turn around and go back to the chest, get it and repeat the process again, you can easy get it 4-5 times. And if you are lucky you can get around 2-3 engrams per go, thats 10-15 engrams, plus materials, keys etc. Do it 4 times and thats between 40-60 engrams in around 30 minutes (of which only 5 will require you to do something, the rest you can spend them relaxing on top of a building waiting for the event to occur)

And yes like Adam said, it is boring but like someone has already said it isnt too bad if you have done some grinding in the past (never did the cave but I did the "we have woken the hive" thingie several times) plus the chances of you getting a purple engram seem high (already got 9) and remember that, from tuesday, these engrams can only decode on legendary weapons/armor or exotics and not materials anymore

emmetkenny wrote: »
    El Senior has returned :D

I never left... lol

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

There is a heavy Pike that sometimes spawns in the caves at the Ember Caves location on Venus.

If you hit the left/right thrusters it drops mines!! Great for clearing waves of enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

New Dead Ghost added to the update, and there are Fallen Mines as seen in the PoE reveal on the way there, fun times:

I did it for an hour or two but my preparation has probably gone too far really. I've 4 legendary weapon engrams, enough marks to buy 5 weapons from vendors, a few factions edged and about 30 commendations to hand in to push factions over and get packages. We're all gonna spend all day Tuesday in the bloody tower! Wouldn't mind getting more keys (only have one) but the drop rate is so low and the activity too boring

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I have no keys. Have only opened about 10 of the chests but just found it too dull.

I didn't get any keys for ages and then I ended up getting two within the space of about 45mins. It really does appear to be random.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Just in case anyone was wondering what's the story between 10am and 6pm tomorrow:

From Bungie: https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/120220099/0/0/1
    During the eight hours between the weekly reset and the patch download associated with the release of House of Wolves there will be no weekly, Nightfall, or daily activities available. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Also, bare in mind it's worth doing the Daily Crucible playlist match each day on all your characters to get guaranteed Passage Coins for ToO, you need 9 for all 3 buffs
    Favor of Osiris: Start the Trials with 1 win.

Mercy of Osiris: Your first Loss will be forgiven.

Boon of Osiris: Winning your first match counts as two.

Each one cost 3 passage coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

Cormac... wrote: »
    Just in case anyone was wondering what's the story between 10am and 6pm tomorrow:

Cool, won't be home from work until 6ish. Gonna be a long night...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,912 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

onlyTobes wrote: »
    Cormac... wrote: »

Cool, won't be home from work until 6ish. Gonna be a long night...

Have taken Wednesday off and the other half is on nights Tuesday and Wednesday. DESTINY MARATHON!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement