Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

AH balls, took tomorrow off thinking it was going to drop at 10am with the weekly reset :( Gives me more time to get my crucible rank to lvl 3 though i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

AdamD wrote: »
    I did it for an hour or two but my preparation has probably gone too far really. I've 4 legendary weapon engrams, enough marks to buy 5 weapons from vendors, a few factions edged and about 30 commendations to hand in to push factions over and get packages. We're all gonna spend all day Tuesday in the bloody tower! Wouldn't mind getting more keys (only have one) but the drop rate is so low and the activity too boring

I know what you mean, I got 3 keys so far on PS4, they dropped very quickly, however nothing on Xbox so far... and I have done more there than on PS4 :S

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    I know what you mean, I got 3 keys so far on PS4, they dropped very quickly, however nothing on Xbox so far... and I have done more there than on PS4 :S

Are you still appearing offline on Xbox ?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,912 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mcsirl wrote: »
    AH balls, took tomorrow off thinking it was going to drop at 10am with the weekly reset :( Gives me more time to get my crucible rank to lvl 3 though i suppose

I had done the same, but realised last week that it wouldn't drop til 6pm, so I swapped my days off.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Mcsirl wrote: »

Ah, unlucky. I took Wed off, so I'll be on for a late session on Tuesday to run through the story a couple of times, run the Strike, then the Nightfall and then PoE.

We've all been screaming for new content. Here we go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Ah, unlucky. I took Wed off, so I'll be on for a late session on Tuesday to run through the story a couple of times, run the Strike, then the Nightfall and then PoE.

We've all been screaming for new content. Here we go!

Yup - I'll be on from Wednesday about 4pm ... Bring it on!

Yup - I'll be on from Wednesday about 4pm ... Bring it on!

That could be perfect Merry. I was planning to binge all day, but the missus took the day off too and we're going to do some house stuff and also enquire about adopting a dog. 4pm sounds good!

Also, best of luck with your thing bud! ;)

That could be perfect Merry. I was planning to binge all day, but the missus took the day off too and we're going to do some house stuff and also enquire about adopting a dog. 4pm sounds good!

Also, best of luck with your thing bud! ;)

That was very selfish of her Steve ;) she knew you wanted to sit in a dark room for hours on end and shoot things and here she is making you go out into the light and fresh air :D

Speaking of which my missus is still onto me to put together a chest of drawers we got soon after moving in. That was August 2013 :D

It's a balancing act Emmet. She enjoys some games, but not Destiny. I showed her this on the weekend and we had a laugh.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/30i6ef/guide_a_husbands_guide_to_earning_a_hidden/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I nearly ran into some issues on this yesterday. The hoovering is my regular cleaning job in the house, which I'm fine with (she does the bathrooms so happy days). But I was stuck to the couch all day yesterday between Destiny and the football, so it came to about 6pm when I heard the hoover start and though, Whoops! :o But I seem to have gotten away with it as nothing was said over dinner, even when I brought it up.

The challenge will be this evening as it's my turn to cook and she won't be home until about 9pm. This gives me a decent chunk of time after work, but I need to decide on something to make that's either quick, or can be in the oven for a while without needing too much prep time to begin with.... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Don't forget to go and buy any Vanguard / Crucible / Faction weapons you like the look of this evening before they may/may not be gone forever.

I'm going to be grinding Marks to get:
    Three Little Words - PR
    Secret Handshake - SG
    Plug One.1 - FR

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

dar83 wrote: »
    I nearly ran into some issues on this yesterday. The hoovering is my regular cleaning job in the house, which I'm fine with (she does the bathrooms so happy days). But I was stuck to the couch all day yesterday between Destiny and the football, so it came to about 6pm when I heard the hoover start and though, Whoops! :o But I seem to have gotten away with it as nothing was said over dinner, even when I brought it up.

The challenge will be this evening as it's my turn to cook and she won't be home until about 9pm. This gives me a decent chunk of time after work, but I need to decide on something to make that's either quick, or can be in the oven for a while without needing too much prep time to begin with.... :D

Lasagne. Bottle of wine.

Frozen Pizza and a can of coke.

Lasagne. Bottle of wine.

Frozen Pizza and a can of coke.

Truly the thread that keeps on giving.

Need advice on a new Telly?
    Wondering how to balance your household chores?
    Need assistance cooking a romantic dinner?

Look no further.....

Cormac... wrote: »
    Truly the thread that keeps on giving.

Need advice on a new Telly?
    Wondering how to balance your household chores?
    Need assistance cooking a romantic dinner?

Look no further.....

Rename thread to "How to become Legend in Destiny and Real Life".

Rename thread to "How to become Legend in Destiny and Real Life".

Learn the secrets Real Guardians don't want you to know and make 25k Glimmer every minute
    (insert some picture of an Awoken Woman, a stack of Engrams and an Exotic Sparrow-Horn)

Pasta bake. In the oven and forget about it !!

We should start a Destiny Men's Association Thread (DMAT).

We can post SGA for fellow destiny players on how to avoid as much responsibility at home, nagging, and stupid family responsibilities as possible. There could also be tips and tricks section for how to get the jobs done at home quicker to allow more destiny time. :D

I'm now off for the next 2 days:

Tonight: Grind marks to get some Vendor guns
    Tomorrow day: Pre-DLC Hype and Edging my characters ranks I guess
    Tomorrow evening: Titan Story Mode x 5, Normal Wolves Strike, Nightfall, Weekly, Lvl 32 PoE
    Wednesday day: Warlock and Hunter Story Mode x 5, Nightfall, Weekly, Lvl 32 PoE
    Wednesday evening: Lvl 34 PoE maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Did the server just drop for anyone else?

CianRyan wrote: »
    4pm today

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/600314976264269824

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Are you still appearing offline on Xbox ?

Not anymore, but I was for weeks, until I met Gerard patrolling the moon and wondered why I never get invites, now I am online all the time.

Weird thing is that when I look there are barely 4-5 people playing destiny on Xbox while there are 20-30 on PS4.

Not that I play with anyone anyway, just like to get in and get out! But now that there is new stuff coming in I will def give it a go again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Yes, destiny servers are not available is what i get.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Yeah at 4 exactly for me, I'm guessing they are doing maintenance, some message popped up before it went down but didn't fully read it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Pasta bake. In the oven and forget about it !!

We should start a Destiny Men's Association Thread (DMAT).

We can post SGA for fellow destiny players on how to avoid as much responsibility at home, nagging, and stupid family responsibilities as possible. There could also be tips and tricks section for how to get the jobs done at home quicker to allow more destiny time. :D

Only for the Vita my Destiny time would be severely curtailed so that's my tip.

Tip two would be peppa pig (or insert appropriate zombie like viewing here) for the kids.

If funds allow send other half to spa or wherever else is not in house.

Alternatively and may seem a bit brash but bear with me here....

...divorce.

Ps I wonder how many relationships Destiny has now broken up.

Probably nowhere near championship manager levels but there's some serious hours going in from people.

I'm just about to hit 150hours which is small by standards here but a lot for me.

Its back now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I am guessing if they're pushing a patch it's probably going to nerf the chest cheese...

Damn it, I was just about to head home and turn it on for a last blast at getting some keys!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Ah alright, probably about time I took a break anyway.

Bohrio wrote: »
    Weird thing is that when I look there are barely 4-5 people playing destiny on Xbox while there are 20-30 on PS4.

All Praise the Chat Rooms!!!! :D
    I am guessing if they're pushing a patch it's probably going to nerf the chest cheese...

Damn it, I was just about to head home and turn it on for a last blast at getting some keys!

Well they did originally say that there were going to be 2 separate patches before HoW landed and this is the 2nd so it makes sense
    I'm just about to hit 150hours which is small by standards here but a lot for me.

More like:

Total Time Played (including Tower and Orbit)
    230 hours - 7 minutes
    Active Time Played
    160 hours - 26 minutes

These small slips of the memory or inconsistencies are the gaming equivalent of hiding a 6-pack of beer cans in the toilet cistern

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Same here never got a chance to do it haha ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Hococop wrote: »
    Yeah at 4 exactly for me, I'm guessing they are doing maintenance, some message popped up before it went down but didn't fully read it

Destiny is offline as Bungie are pushing the final parts of HoW for tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,912 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    I'm now off for the next 2 days:

Tonight: Grind marks to get some Vendor guns
    Tomorrow day: Pre-DLC Hype and Edging my characters ranks I guess
    Tomorrow evening: Titan Story Mode x 5, Normal Wolves Strike, Nightfall, Weekly, Lvl 32 PoE
    Wednesday day: Warlock and Hunter Story Mode x 5, Nightfall, Weekly, Lvl 32 PoE
    Wednesday evening: Lvl 34 PoE maybe
    Similar plan myself. Will prob be on from 7 tomorrow, Wednesday off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement