Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiencing slow download speeds recently.

Options
  • 28-01-2015 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi Eircom,
    I'm on the eFibre Unlimited package and I've found my download speed to be slower than it used to be. I'm currently getting about 47Mbs, and files that used to take 30 seconds to download now take 5 mins (50 - 70MB). Granted, my current usage this month is about 130.5GB, but everywhere I've checked states that Unlimited is apparently not subject to a Fair Usage Policy. There are no problems with my line, or my laptop either.
    Anything you can do to help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Nijinksky

www dot speedtest dot net/

Try Ookla speedtest -
    You can select which provider to use, hah I always use Vodafone Dublin :)

This can also be downloaded as an app for iPhone/iPad/Android etc

Tommy

(Won't allow me to post proper URL so stick the dots in properly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

H03Y827 wrote: »
    Hi Eircom,
    I'm on the eFibre Unlimited package and I've found my download speed to be slower than it used to be. I'm currently getting about 47Mbs, and files that used to take 30 seconds to download now take 5 mins (50 - 70MB). Granted, my current usage this month is about 130.5GB, but everywhere I've checked states that Unlimited is apparently not subject to a Fair Usage Policy. There are no problems with my line, or my laptop either.
    Hi H03Y827

If you would like to PM me your eircom account number I will be happy to look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4 H03Y827

Hi Eircom,
    Hi Alan, PM'd you yesterday. Any movement?
    Cheers.

Hi Eircom,
    Cheers.
    Hi H03Y827

Technical support have yet to get back to me regarding the tests but I'll request that we have more information and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4 H03Y827

Hi Eircom,
    Cheers.
    Hi H03Y827

Technical support have yet to get back to me regarding the tests but I'll request that we have more information and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi again Al,

My connection speed returned back to normal a day or two ago, nice and speedy.

Thanks for all your efforts!

• Advertisement

Hi Eircom,
    Cheers.
    Hi H03Y827

Thanks
    Al
    Hi again Al,

My connection speed returned back to normal a day or two ago, nice and speedy.

Thanks for all your efforts!
    That's great to hear H03Y827

Thanks for the update
    Al

Advertisement