Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnancies close together

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Thanks Neia,

So sorry to hear about you losing your little girl. I'm sure this pregnancy has been tough and emotional for you but i hope it's healthy and happy and that there's a beautiful healthy little sister or brother for your little one in the summer. Xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Thumpette, I am very sorry for your loss. I have been there, losing a little girl at 41+3, and it was a living nightmare. There was nothing worse than coming home from the hospital with empty belly and empty arms. Like you, I wanted nothing more than to be pregnant again straight away, 'to fill the void' as you said yourself. We were advised to wait for at least one cycle, but we ended up waiting for 2 cycles before trying again. It took us over a year, including an early miscarriage along the way, but I finally had a successful pregnancy and birth and we now have a happy & healthy one year old boy.

No one can advise you better than what you are feeling in your own heart. If you want to try again when your cycle comes back, then I say by all means do so.

Now I'm going to say something that you probably hate to hear -( I know I did!) but please take it from me that with time, you will learn to cope better. You'll never get fully over it, but the pain will lessen.

I am here if you want to PM me anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Ive only just seen this thread and have nothing to add.
    I dont even know what to say but i couldnt say nothing. I really cant even imagine what you are going through right now.
    im so so sorry for your loss and i hope when you and your OH is ready that you will have a little brother or sister for Max.

Thumpette, I am very sorry for your loss. I have been there, losing a little girl at 41+3, and it was a living nightmare. There was nothing worse than coming home from the hospital with empty belly and empty arms. Like you, I wanted nothing more than to be pregnant again straight away, 'to fill the void' as you said yourself. We were advised to wait for at least one cycle, but we ended up waiting for 2 cycles before trying again. It took us over a year, including an early miscarriage along the way, but I finally had a successful pregnancy and birth and we now have a happy & healthy one year old boy.

No one can advise you better than what you are feeling in your own heart. If you want to try again when your cycle comes back, then I say by all means do so.

Now I'm going to say something that you probably hate to hear -( I know I did!) but please take it from me that with time, you will learn to cope better. You'll never get fully over it, but the pain will lessen.

I am here if you want to PM me anytime.

Thanks Cunning Stunt, I'm so sorry that you lost your little girl and that you know this pain. I must admit that I know of you in a boards- stalker way. Someone pmed me with a lovely message and mentioned your story. I was looking through your posts to read the ones at the time you lost your little girl. I read all the ones when you were posting happily and excitedly on the pregnancy boards and I knew what was going to happen and my heart broke for you and your little girl and for me and Max.

Thank you for sharing your story, it's a comfort to be honest to hear that there is life and hope after this pain. I'm so glad you have your healthy little boy- I'm sorry it was such a tough road to get there.

Xxx

By the way I wrote a little blog today- I found it really cathartic to write- just wanted to share after all the kind messages and support on here.

https://l4stars.wordpress.com/2015/02/10/there-are-no-words/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Amazing words thumpette. thank you for sharing.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭aisling86

I had two baby's 11months apart before dd1 I had a ruptured ectopic waited 6months as advised & started trying in the june, dd1 born 28th may & dd2 born 10th may following year. thankfully I'm young (28) girls 21months & 32months now because it's tough going at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Thumpette you write beautifully.

A relative of mine lost her daughter at about 28 weeks into her pregnancy, there are a very small core few of us who still mention her (she would be 9 now) and include her name in lists of kids in the family, and while it is tough to get used to making someone well up and making yourself feel briefly uncomfortable I always persevere with it, like when anybody loses somebody. The awkwardness I feel is nothing compared to what they're going through, and even if I say something clumsy they know it came from a good place.

It's great that you both feel stronger together and are well able to talk about Max and what happened and to work through it together xx :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

I saw a star on something today in a shopping centre. I thought of Max. X

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Max is just beautiful Thumpette, you're blog is a credit to you & reminded me of this quote I got as a present to hang in my son's room when he was born.

"How much do I love you? I'll tell you no lie
    How deep is the ocean? How high is the sky?
    How many times a day do I think of you? How many roses are sprinkled with dew?
    How far would I travel to be where you are? How far is the journey from here to a star?
    And if I ever lost you, how much would I cry?
    How deep is the ocean? How high is the sky?"

Take care x

• Advertisement

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Max is just beautiful Thumpette, you're blog is a credit to you & reminded me of this quote I got as a present to hang in my son's room when he was born.

"How much do I love you? I'll tell you no lie
    How deep is the ocean? How high is the sky?
    How many times a day do I think of you? How many roses are sprinkled with dew?
    How far would I travel to be where you are? How far is the journey from here to a star?
    And if I ever lost you, how much would I cry?
    How deep is the ocean? How high is the sky?"

Take care x

That's beautiful. Eumom only shared that today and I shared it on Facebook. Saw it as another little star reference for Max xx

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

Thumpette, I am so sorry for your loss. Max is a gorgeous boy and your blog post is beautifully written, too. Thank you for sharing it. xxx

Advertisement