Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hyundai Coupe

• 28-01-2015 12:54am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

Thinking of buying a hyundai coupe, 2003-4 the 1.6 version, was just wondering what are the pro s and cons of em, im not too bothered about performance doesnt have to be Ferrari quick but a decent bit of acceleration wouldnt be too bad either!

Ive a ford focus 1.6 saloon 01 at the moment and am just board with it !

So are they fun/comfortable to drive?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭alanmc

I had a v6 one a good few years ago. Comfortable car. They're not quick ... even the v6 only had about 165 bhp. Handling is OK.

The engines are old tech though and tend to be thirsty beasts ... even the 1.6. They also have a bit of a rep for being a hair dressers car. A little undeserving in my opinion.

I like them. Good looking cars. Cheap to buy. Only downside is a slightly thirsty engine. Oh, and don't plan on having any adults above 5 ft in the back seats. No headroom at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

alanmc wrote: »
    I had a v6 one a good few years ago. Comfortable car. They're not quick ... even the v6 only had about 165 bhp. Handling is OK.

The engines are old tech though and tend to be thirsty beasts ... even the 1.6. They also have a bit of a rep for being a hair dressers car. A little undeserving in my opinion.

I like them. Good looking cars. Cheap to buy. Only downside is a slightly thirsty engine. Oh, and don't plan on having any adults above 5 ft in the back seats. No headroom at all.

I dont mind who goes in the back ive dibs on the driver seat! :D:D are they thirsty even if u drive em normally? what sort of mpg would ya get out of the 1.6 ?

Wouldnt be too bothered about the rep, ive seen more chicks driving focuses than anything else, if a car isnt pink or a yaris/micra/feasta tisnt a girls car as far as im concerned ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭alanmc

I think mid to high 20s is the norm. If you do motorway driving a lot, you might break into the 30s. I've never driven the 1.6, but supposedly it's mpg is pretty much the same as the 2.0 ... give or take.

Put it this way, I'm getting similar mpg from my 350z ... and I don't exactly nanny it about.

I wouldn't get hung up on the mpg too much though. Its not terrible, just worse than more modern engines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The most common issues on them is that some of the interior trim does not stand the test of time very well. The motors on the sunroof can give trouble too and are expensive to replace so make sure it's working right before buying. Mechanically they generally are fine.

If you can stretch your budget to the 2005 facelifted model then it would be a plus. The clear indicator lenses made the car look better and they got half leather seats as standard too.

Advertisement