Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse Racing banned for a month

Options
  • 28-01-2015 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭

I have been banned from horse racing for a month, this is the main forum I post in and I got frustrated with the mod, who in the main does a good job.

I accept I deserved a ban for my post, which I have since apologised for, I was wondering if it can be reduced as a month is a long time and Cheltenham is approaching.

The main issue for me is the warning I received, since I started on the forum this particular poster doesn't seem to contribute much and posts a lot of sniping/ snide comments and I don't know why I should get a warning for basically doing the same this that poster did. While the charter says attack the post not the poster constant snide comments are detrimental to the forum this poster rarely contributes to.

Attached are the PMs between myself and Convert.

Thanks

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I'll have a look at this but am currently on mobile so it's difficult to use my usual mod powers to access background info.

However I've looked at that PM exchange and note you told the mod to **** off in the thread.

You are lucky you have not received a site ban for that in my view (although I suspect it has not yet been drawn to the attention of the Admins I am doing so now within this thread). I think the mod was lenient with a month's forum ban but will leave it at that for now. Ban upheld.

You may ask an Admin to review this if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Ok thanks Beasty, I would be interested in hearing your view on me getting a warning for what I see as the same style of post as the poster who had a cut at me.

This prompted the reaction to the warning, which I accept was not on and I apologised to her when I had calmed down.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

As already mentioned I have limited access at the moment but I will try and have a look at that yellow later on.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Regarding your telling convert to **** off, you'd need to appeal personally to him to reduce your ban. It won't be happening here, regardless of the outcome of any investigation into your original card. Mods shouldn't have to put up with such crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Dades wrote: »
    Regarding your telling convert to **** off, you'd need to appeal personally to him to reduce your ban. It won't be happening here, regardless of the outcome of any investigation into your original card. Mods shouldn't have to put up with such crap.

Thanks Dades and Beasty, I did ask for a reduction by pm and got no reply.

The yellow card is moot as the ban is for a month.

Here I was just querying the inconsistency as I cant see a difference to the orignal post and my reply to it.

Beasty was heavily involved in a thread about issues in the HR forum, it was raised that posting in the style of the original poster was just as detrimental to the forum as attacking the poster.

HR had issues and it was put forward that the same certain people posting trash comments about posts, was basically a roundabout way of insulting a poster.

Convert is a good mod and I shouldnt have posted what I did and accept her ban, its just a shame after the long discussions between the regulars, mods and admins to sort HR out the same people are getting away with the same things and I got a warning for reacting in kind.

Thanks for your time anyway, Beasty you might note my comments on the posting style which I feel turned a very active forum into a library due to the amount of regular posters that closed their accounts.

If you have no further comments you can close this off.

Thanks for your time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Thanks Shemale,

I'll close this but I've PM'd convert so they're aware of this thread and your comments.

Good luck. And keep the head in the future.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement