Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin Theft

Options
  • 28-01-2015 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭

Anyone else having issues with bin theft in the Charlesland Park area?
    I had all 3 of my brand new Thorntons bins stolen yesterday during the day, while I was at work: they were there when I left home and gone when I returned that evening from work. Thorntons says they had no drivers in the area and nothing was removed by them, and that they've had a large number of reported bin thefts in general of late... :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Do you have a lock up facility? Ive seen some apartments have a little built in bin store, of course that doesnt stop them being stolen when you put them out to be collected.
    As messy as it looks, I think big white numbers painted on at least helps identify the bins if someone else takes them even though they cant use them.
    Ive heard of small numbers being stolen for specific reasons, can you get an eye bolt and lock up future bins so they are less easily taken than another persons bins not locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

cerastes wrote: »
    Do you have a lock up facility? Ive seen some apartments have a little built in bin store, of course that doesnt stop them being stolen when you put them out to be collected.
    As messy as it looks, I think big white numbers painted on at least helps identify the bins if someone else takes them even though they cant use them.
    Ive heard of small numbers being stolen for specific reasons, can you get an eye bolt and lock up future bins so they are less easily taken than another persons bins not locked.

Sadly no lock up facility, and no locks [yet], but I'm definitely going to look into getting some after this! I'm new to the area, and was told how safe and quiet it was (and so far I'm really enjoying Charlesland!) Guess even the quietest neighbourhoods aren't immune to this kind of nonsense from time to time...

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭caji

Did you check around the back of where you live? Ours went missing a few months ago. However, after a search behind our row we found it tucked in behind in one of the neighbours cubby holes by the steps to the duplex over their apartment. It seems that they thought it was theirs and put it along with their own bins. Have a good look around....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Why numbers with good contrast on each side and even inside lid makes identifying from a distance easier.

Advertisement