Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Homophobic school principal

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭munster87

Duggy747 wrote: »
    What did he say exactly?

Does this mean we can set up a sting operation of trying to entrap the principal into saying the words only for a series of increasingly hilarious and gross-out events to occur?

Starring Rob Schneider...............rated PG-13

Rob Schneider is...a stapler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Well if they don't want to play they can always referee.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

A 'feminine boy' won the Ballon d'or only a couple of weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Hardly homophobic.

Yeh just an asshole who enforces stupid gender norms and stereotypes
    some boys have feminine personalities and hate football...why should we change that?
    Should we start telling quiet kids to be loud?
    And depressed kids to be happy?
    and kids with anxiety to stop being anxious?
    Forcing people to not be who they are doesn't do anyone any good..helping people to change (if they want to) is helpful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Yeh just an asshole who forces male stereotypes upon students
    some boys have feminine personalities and hate football...why should we change that?
    Forcing people to not be who they are doesn't do anyone any good

No some boys just hate football - it's nothing to do with whether they are 'feminine' - maybe they just don't like the game.

Btw- women's ('feminine'?) football and rugby are the fastest growing sports in the country, so the idea that they are 'masculine' is rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

If this school was in Wicklow they are desperate for good footballers so the principal cannot be blamed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

munster87 wrote: »
    Rob Schneider is...a stapler

Rob Schneider is......a carrot

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

As a homosexual, I can say I don't see much of an issue with this. Hell, I heard the exact same stuff from one of my old principals, literally the exact phrase "Man up and go play football", that didn't mean anything, I wasn't feminine back then, and I'm not feminine now. It really just meant I clearly wasn't interested in sports and I might get something out of playing football every now and then, not homophobic in the slightest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

xMallx wrote: »
    I know of a school principal who is telling feminine boys to man up and go play football. Who can i report him too ?
    The gender police.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭DeadHand

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Yeh just an asshole who enforces stupid gender norms and stereotypes
    Forcing people to not be who they are doesn't do anyone any good..helping people to change (if they want to) is helpful

Even from the vague explanation of the situation we've got it's clear he isn't "forcing" anyone to do anything. I assume the boys in question are free to say "no".

I happen to believe every schoolchild of any gender or orientation should be actively encouraged to take part in some kind of sport. Sport is good for character building, physical and mental health.

Why should effeminate boys not be encouraged to take part? How is the mere act of encouraging schoolchildren to take part in a beneficial, healthy activity enforcing gender norms and stereotypes?

Hell of a difference between demanding a child ignore a disease or dramatically change their personality and suggesting they take up a hobby.

The "man up" part was coarse, frankly stupid language for a teacher to use (if he used it). But, from the vagaries we have to go on here, it seems he said; "man up and come play football!" not; "man up and stop being so feminine!".

World of difference.

I'm sure he also encourages the more ostentatiously masculine lads to play football too and probably uses phrases like "man up" in his cajoling, since his vocabulary and powers of articulation seem worryingly feeble for a man in his profession.

Who the hell is the supreme arbiter of what is and isn't a "feminine boy" anyway? Who labeled these particular boys as "feminine"? The OP or the principal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

Homophobe just means fear of man.

Actually 'homo' means 'same' not man.

Advertisement