Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man down phoenix park

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Spoke to the victim in question today, cycling pal. He's fine, just resting up for a couple of weeks. Swollen face, stiches in face, scans cleared. He said he was really appreciative of all the random help including the lady who sacrificed her scarf to stem the bleeding. He was wearing a helmet which cracked correctly on the right temple, made the difference. Forks simply failed, cuts everywhere, road was "rough" there which seemed to cause vibrations but whether this caused it is unknown. Terrifying stuff but he's very thankful for all the help and will be racing a4 cat is year.

Best wishes to him and a speedy recovery. It's nice to know that he OK, in the main.

Thanks for letting us know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Was shocked by the accident description, glad to hear he's OK and a chapeau to the OP and "she who sacrificed a scarf".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Last time I came off the bike badly, I landed on my chest and was badly winded. Well-intentioned passer-bys were trying to help me up, but I really just wanted to stay down until I could breath - that was first priority. So do offer help, but don't force it. If someone is injured, general first aid principle is not to move the person. That would include not lifting them to get a coat or blanket under them, unless you really know what you're doing.

Advertisement