If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recent BenQ W1070 price changes

Options
  • 28-01-2015 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭

Hello, I've been saving for this thing for months now and with the recent currency fluctuations saw that the price was increased from €609.99 to €629.99 which is to be expected.

In the last couple of days it seems to have jumped up to €649.99 while the exchange rate would still have it at €629.99 - is there any reason for that? It's just that the first €20 jump I could about afford, the most recent one pushes my purchase back another week, and I could get it cheaper using Parcel Motel now.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

grindle wrote: »
    Hello, I've been saving for this thing for months now and with the recent currency fluctuations saw that the price was increased from €609.99 to €629.99 which is to be expected.

In the last couple of days it seems to have jumped up to €649.99 while the exchange rate would still have it at €629.99 - is there any reason for that? It's just that the first €20 jump I could about afford, the most recent one pushes my purchase back another week, and I could get it cheaper using Parcel Motel now.
    Hi Grindle,

unfortunately the pricing on many of our products changes really frequently as we monitor market pricing across Ireland and the UK and generally we try to be really competitive.

The W1070 was one of our sale deals but unfortunately we have run out of our sale promo stocks and therefore we have increased the pricing slightly - on top of that of course currency is all over the place - however the W1070 is a particularly sensitive product and we do sell large quantities of it - so we always try to stay on top of the pricing - we are currently at €649.99 and I can't see any other Irish retailer selling them under €700.

Our euro price includes shipping so you cant really just do a straight currency conversion as the sterling price online does not include ROI shipping - The Sterling price is £449.95 and you can opt to have it shipped to the ROI for just £6.99 additional if you want to take the sterling option - we do always try to offer a decent Euro rate and many, many of our products are significantly cheaper in euro especially when you factor in that shipping is included - the €649 euro price on the W1070 I would take a decent gamble is a better price than the £449+6.99 GBP price after your credit card company do 'their' rate conversion...

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist in any way and of course - if you do see the W1070 cheaper anywhere else with the same T's and C's we will of course pricebeat it!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Thanks John - yeah, I just worked it out there and €650 is almost exactly what it'd cost after the bank applies their percentage, and the time taken to Parcel Motel it wouldn't be worth the fiver saved.

I guess it's just an awful time for anyone under the Euro to be buying anything. Ah well!

Thanks again.
    Hi Grindle,

unfortunately the pricing on many of our products changes really frequently as we monitor market pricing across Ireland and the UK and generally we try to be really competitive.

The W1070 was one of our sale deals but unfortunately we have run out of our sale promo stocks and therefore we have increased the pricing slightly - on top of that of course currency is all over the place - however the W1070 is a particularly sensitive product and we do sell large quantities of it - so we always try to stay on top of the pricing - we are currently at €649.99 and I can't see any other Irish retailer selling them under €700.

Our euro price includes shipping so you cant really just do a straight currency conversion as the sterling price online does not include ROI shipping - The Sterling price is £449.95 and you can opt to have it shipped to the ROI for just £6.99 additional if you want to take the sterling option - we do always try to offer a decent Euro rate and many, many of our products are significantly cheaper in euro especially when you factor in that shipping is included - the €649 euro price on the W1070 I would take a decent gamble is a better price than the £449+6.99 GBP price after your credit card company do 'their' rate conversion...

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist in any way and of course - if you do see the W1070 cheaper anywhere else with the same T's and C's we will of course pricebeat it!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks John - yeah, I just worked it out there and €650 is almost exactly what it'd cost after the bank applies their percentage, and the time taken to Parcel Motel it wouldn't be worth the fiver saved.

I guess it's just an awful time for anyone under the Euro to be buying anything. Ah well!

Thanks again.
    Hi Grindle,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 
    Hi Grindle.

No worries at all.

Keep you eye on our site for any price changes on this product and as John said. Should you see it cheaper elsewhere please let us know and we'll see about price beating.

Keep you eye on our site for any price changes on this product...
    It just went up another [font=arial, sans-serif]€50 overnight & now has [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]JAMO S628s mentioned in there too?[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]Is the plan to raise the price every payday so I can perpetually never afford it? 'Cos that's a great plan. :pac: [/font]

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Keep you eye on our site for any price changes on this product...
    It just went up another [font=arial, sans-serif]€50 overnight & now has [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]JAMO S628s mentioned in there too?[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]Is the plan to raise the price every payday so I can perpetually never afford it? 'Cos that's a great plan. :pac:[/font]
    Grindle,

we are doing it just to wind you up.... ( only joking of course - the site was doing an update and something went awry! We have taken it down for a while)

The W1070 hasn't gone up again you will be relieved to hear and I'll take it down by €20 especially for you to ease the heart failure symptoms you must have had when you logged on this morning!

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Thanks John, that's very nice of you.

€20 should cover the cost of the mess I made in my pants when I saw the rest of the range at €700. :eek:

I'll be buying that whenever ye come back online I guess, with my newly-found affording skills.

0d1a71fc48fde7bfe84b49fec4720e27.jpg

Grindle,

we are doing it just to wind you up.... ( only joking of course - the site was doing an update and something went awry! We have taken it down for a while)

The W1070 hasn't gone up again you will be relieved to hear and I'll take it down by €20 especially for you to ease the heart failure symptoms you must have had when you logged on this morning!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks John, that's very nice of you.

€20 should cover the cost of the mess I made in my pants when I saw the rest of the range at €700. :eek:

I'll be buying that whenever ye come back online I guess, with my newly-found affording skills.

0d1a71fc48fde7bfe84b49fec4720e27.jpg

Grindle,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi Grindle.

Website is back up and running.

Or you can drop me a contact number in a PM and we can give you a bell :)

Hi Kenny,

I've PM'd you there. It's probably too late now to consider express shipping so you can probably ignore that, but I'd really like an answer to the billing address = delivery address question please.

Thanks.

Hi Kenny,

I've PM'd you there. It's probably too late now to consider express shipping so you can probably ignore that, but I'd really like an answer to the billing address = delivery address question please.

Thanks.

Hi Grindle.

Thanks for taking my call :D

Just pop the order through via the website and we'll process straight away.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks.

Hi Grindle.

Thanks Kenny!

Sorry for me being slightly impatient  - saving for a while has made me get on my own nerves. This is like a decade of Xmas' combined so I'm a petulant child right now.

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny,

Thanks.

Hi Grindle.

Thanks Kenny!

Sorry for me being slightly impatient  - saving for a while has made me get on my own nerves. This is like a decade of Xmas' combined so I'm a petulant child right now.
    Hi Grindle.

Just a little post to check if you have had your projector delivered.
    I think it should be with you today.

Any issues let me know :D

Hi Grindle.

Yesssssss...It arrived to work ~1hr ago! I have The Walking Dead and Better Caul Saul at the ready to christen it tonight, can't wait!  Keeping spare boxers next to me in case I piss myself.

Hi Grindle.

Yesssssss...It arrived to work ~1hr ago! I have The Walking Dead and Better Caul Saul at the ready to christen it tonight, can't wait!  Keeping spare boxers next to me in case I piss myself.
    Hi Grindle.

Excellent news!!!

Heading home to watch the Walking Dead tonight myself.

When your all up and running, should you have any questions just let me know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.