Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AAI Intermediate & Masters Cross Country Championships 08/02 Tuam, Galway

Options
  • 28-01-2015 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭

Hoping to get down to this, at least to watch.

Based on the numbers in the last few years, it could be a really huge Masters race, especially if teams travel from Dublin.

Conversely, the Inters seems to have lost a little bit of shine recently but there’s always a lot of quality at the top of the field, regardless, and even with a smaller field, should be a good race.

Anyone have any inside information on the Palace Grounds course?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

Should be big numbers in the Masters alright, men will likely have 200+ ... The course is a rolling one, 1km small lap +4 1500 laps for the vets men and 2 of the 1kms for the inters + the 4 1500s, details should be on AAI shortly. More drags than hills but they will test the strength, one technical corner in it but otherwise its fair running , we were out training on it last week and it is decent underfoot but I guess you never know what the surface will be like after a few races.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Thanks for the info youngrunner. Got some local knowledge from a girl at work that went to the Presentation school, that the ground can get very boggy with a little rain so I'll be hoping for less of that.

Will be going down with a few from the club on Sunday and must say I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks for the info youngrunner. Got some local knowledge from a girl at work that went to the Presentation school, that the ground can get very boggy with a little rain so I'll be hoping for less of that.

Will be going down with a few from the club on Sunday and must say I'm looking forward to it.

It may do alright in the dips on the course.. forecast looks dry though so should hold up http://www.accuweather.com/en/ie/tuam/208543/daily-weather-forecast/208543?day=6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

Thought this was a really good course with the continuous uphills and downhills - and I saw some great races (and performances) today. Overall, seemed a very well organised event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Agreed. Proper cross country course today. Challenging but not killer. Well worth the trip over to Tuam.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Actually a little bit gutted Wicklow didn't send a team. Next year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Any results posted up ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

MisterDrak wrote: »

Precision timing have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

MisterDrak wrote: »

All on the AAI website since last night

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Bugsy2000