Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College help!

Options
  • 28-01-2015 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hello, im 22 and currently doing a fas course in software develpoment. I want to go back to college but dont know where to start or if im entitled to BTEA?
    Ive already went to 2 years of college and dropped out. So i cant get a grant?
    Any help would be great thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

If you're only 22 now, you won't qualify as a mature student for the academic year starting in September 2015. As for the grants and BTEA, it really depends on what you've already done, and what you're already claiming from the DSP?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 madden931

Im currently on Job seekers Allowance. Had a job for nearly a year and was let go? Will that help towards getting BTEA? Really want to get back to college ASAP.
    I will Apply through Advanced Entry which should get me onto the course from the qualifications I will get from this course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

For BTEA you need 234 signing days up to the start day of the course. Time spent on a FAS allowance can count towards this qualifying period.

You also need to check your fee status with the colleges. If its less than 5 yrs since you went to college not only will the grant be an issue but you might not be eligible for free tuition fees. (tuition fees are different to the €3000 student contribution). Potentially you might be looking at having to pay quite a lot in fees for the first two years so check this with the college.

Advertisement