Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will stone cold ever do one more match?

• 28-01-2015 12:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,265 ✭✭✭✭

As the thread title says is there any chance he would do one more match?

He's 50 now so time is running out but I and I presume most fans would love nothing more than to see him one last time. If Vince could get him it would go along way to plugging his losses.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭surpy

what?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I can't see it. I felt if there was ever going to be a time for one more match WrestleMania xXx was the time.

A CM Punk - Austin match would have been amazing just for the promos alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,265 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I also think the problem with Austin is his character is totally unsuited to this PG era. Flipping fingers, drinking beer, beating people with chairs that's what the draw was.

I think if they could get a 2 month program from Lesnar and Austin and build it for the next wrestlemania it could be the biggest match in history. Giving a huge payday to Austin, Lesnar and Vince.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

rob316 wrote: »
    I also think the problem with Austin is his character is totally unsuited to this PG era. Flipping fingers, drinking beer, beating people with chairs that's what the draw was.

I think if they could get a 2 month program from Lesnar and Austin and build it for the next wrestlemania it could be the biggest match in history. Giving a huge payday to Austin, Lesnar and Vince.

I wouldn't want to see an Austin-Lesnar match. Knowing how bad Austin's knees and neck are it would make for uncomfortable viewing every time Lesnar throws him around. If Austin was to get back into the ring, I'd rather it be with someone like Rollins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

It could only have been Punk but that ship has sailed now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Texas next year or it won't happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,265 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Nah I reckon Austin vs Lesnar is the only match either party would be interested in. Punk, Rollins wouldn't be big enough draws. If the money was right for both it could happen I'd say.

Rock vs Austin one last time too maybe but I don't see why either would be interested in doing that match.

Austin vs Lesnar is the only one that hasn't happened yet.

EDIT: Next year is texas didn't notice that, could very well break the worlds largest indoor attendance record also as its in the Cowboys Stadium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

If its ever going to happen, (and i don't think it will) Wrestlemania in cowboys stadium texas with possibly over 100,000 people will be the place.

But again, i cant see him coming back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I wouldn't be too sure. I think, the send off of Wrestlemania 19 was very much a perfect swan song for Austin.

He is a smart guy. I think he knows he has had his moments. Much like Edge with his neck I'd say Austin can't risk his. All great if it goes well but if the slightest thing goes wrong it could be catastrophic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

He's very uncomfortable with the idea for health reasons. I think the quality of the current WWE product plays into his decision not to Wrestle too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭The White Feather

WHAT?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Stone Cold cannot compete anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

about as much chance of us seeing Hogan or Flair wrestle again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

about as much chance of us seeing Hogan or Flair wrestle again.

So theres a good chance ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

So basically we could see him and he could hang on until he squeezes all of the good out of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭HeathenWolf

I'd say there isn't much of a chance we will see him compete again because he's too busy with other stuff now, but you never know.

People need to take into consideration that the likes of Edge and Kurt Angle wrestled for years with broken necks and Stone Cold himself continued to wrestle for years too, all knowing they could suffer serious career-ending injuries at any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

I'd say there isn't much of a chance we will see him compete again because he's too busy with other stuff now, but you never know.

People need to take into consideration that the likes of Edge and Kurt Angle wrestled for years with broken necks and Stone Cold himself continued to wrestle for years too, all knowing they could suffer serious career-ending injuries at any time.

Yeah, but look at what Rollins almost did to Edge. They made him look pretty useless.

Whom could they put to fight Austin to make him look strong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,302 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I don't know if we will see stone cold back in the ring. I mean when he hosted tough enough he got in the ring and wrestled one of the guys in the competition. He did some back bumps during that thing so he clearly was happy to do them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Cena asked him about a match at WM 31 when he interviewed him on his podcast back at WM 30. He didn't decline but he didn't seem too pushed on the idea.

I think it would have to be very beneficial to Austin in terms of money, the right opponent, and him going over before we'd see him in the ring again.

Advertisement