Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Eircom Phonewatch System (Concord?) Service

Options
  • 28-01-2015 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can tell me if the above system can be serviced by someone other than phonewatch (old Eircom). It's a stand alone system.

Any idea how much it would be to get checked over and serviced?

The only problem I've had with it in 7 years of installation is the battery went in the panel and I replaced that myself with the great help of Altor on boards.

Would appreciate any help

DSC00344.jpg

Image copied from another poster on boards, tks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

vicwatson wrote: »
    Hi,

Wondering if anyone can tell me if the above system can be serviced by someone other than phonewatch (old Eircom). It's a stand alone system.

Any idea how much it would be to get checked over and serviced?

The only problem I've had with it in 7 years of installation is the battery went in the panel and I replaced that myself with the great help of Altor on boards.

Would appreciate any help

DSC00344.jpg

Image copied from another poster on boards, tks.

There is not much to servicing this alarm really, unless you are having issues?
    You can walk test the sensors to make sure they are working through your user menu.
    Here is a link to the user manual off your system.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

altor wrote: »
    There is not much to servicing this alarm really, unless you are having issues?
    You can walk test the sensors to make sure they are working through your user menu.
    Here is a link to the user manual off your system.

Thanks Altor, always to the rescue.

No, not having problems that I know, no alarms or beeps going off.

Will take a look at the part and test the sensors.

Let you know how I go, thanks again.

Thanks Altor, always to the rescue.

No, not having problems that I know, no alarms or beeps going off.

Will take a look at the part and test the sensors.

Let you know how I go, thanks again.

Your welcome.
    With all systems the sensors need to be tested to make sure they are operating correctly.
    Better you do this than an intruder :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ocelot741

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me, we moved in to a house 2 years ago and it had the Concorde alarm installed. There have being a few issues with batteries dying etc.. but I have fixed all of tehse. The problem we have now is that one sensor will go off intermittently. I can arm the system without any problems but it could go off during the night or just when you are in the room (it’s a window sensor and not motion) so it seems to be faulty.

We only have the arm disarm code, looking at the instructions there seems to be different levels of code to give more or less control.

Is there anything that can be done we actually have a spare window senor that I could use but I cant seem to disable the problematic one.

Are they any servicing engineering that could resolve this with on the arm / disarm code?

Thanks.

ocelot741 wrote: »
    Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me, we moved in to a house 2 years ago and it had the Concorde alarm installed. There have being a few issues with batteries dying etc.. but I have fixed all of tehse. The problem we have now is that one sensor will go off intermittently. I can arm the system without any problems but it could go off during the night or just when you are in the room (it’s a window sensor and not motion) so it seems to be faulty.

We only have the arm disarm code, looking at the instructions there seems to be different levels of code to give more or less control.

Is there anything that can be done we actually have a spare window senor that I could use but I cant seem to disable the problematic one.

Are they any servicing engineering that could resolve this with on the arm / disarm code?

Thanks.

If you dont have a multimeter to test the device you can open the device, disconnect the sensor head and join these cables together. Then close up the device and see how you get on. The alarm will activate when you open it but your user code will silence the alarm. If you still have false alarms from the unit then you will need to replace the whole unit. If you dont then simply buy a sensor head and replace :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 marebe

Hi

I have a similar concord phonewatch alarm system. I recently moved into a new house and the alarm system was there - and is fully functional. Now i would like to disable a couple of sensors and reinstall them in another part of the house. I have tried to disarm the sensors themselves but as soon as i touch the sensor cover, the alarm goes off! Is there a way how to disable the sensors, relocate them and re-install them in the system?

Also there is no longer a phone line and when i do a sensor test the system complains because it does not find the landline connection. How can i disable the system from continuing to check for a phone line?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You would need to get the engineer code from PW to get the system reprogrammed.

Do you think they will they give me the engineer code if i requested it?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

They will. They may ask you to sign a disclaimer.

ok thanks a mil. i will try that tomorrow....

• Advertisement

marebe wrote: »
    Hi

I have a similar concord phonewatch alarm system. I recently moved into a new house and the alarm system was there - and is fully functional. Now i would like to disable a couple of sensors and reinstall them in another part of the house. I have tried to disarm the sensors themselves but as soon as i touch the sensor cover, the alarm goes off! Is there a way how to disable the sensors, relocate them and re-install them in the system?

Also there is no longer a phone line and when i do a sensor test the system complains because it does not find the landline connection. How can i disable the system from continuing to check for a phone line?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Moving sensors would not be an issue as when the alarm activates you can simply use your user code to silence.
    To turn off the phone line monitor you would need engineer access.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 angela parker

how can i stop this system from going of around half 4 every day for an hour or so. it is not monitored anymore as it is too dear it is a stand alone system

What is the panel displaying when the alarm activates?

how can i stop this system from going of around half 4 every day for an hour or so. it is not monitored anymore as it is too dear it is a stand alone system

If its at that hour it is more than likely doing a communication test.
    If the system is not monitored anymore you would need the numbers of the monitoring station deleted to stop it dialing out.

Bumping my old thread as starting to have some issues with this system now so wondering if its now past its best as its starting to beep by itself when the alarm is off, and one day arrived home and the alarm was going off for no reason. The lcd screen has all sorts of weird characters flashing up

Is it possible to upgrade this system, to not necessarily another phonewatch system, and reuse the window and door sensors?

I think some of them may not be working, where do I start? talk to a private alarm company that will most likely try sell me a whole new system? but pay for the engineer to come and test the whole system?

TIA

The wireless devices can be used with the Aritech (UTC) Advisor system. Shop around some installers and see what's the best value.

Bumping my old thread as starting to have some issues with this system now so wondering if its now past its best as its starting to beep by itself when the alarm is off, and one day arrived home and the alarm was going off for no reason. The lcd screen has all sorts of weird characters flashing up

Is it possible to upgrade this system, to not necessarily another phonewatch system, and reuse the window and door sensors?

I think some of them may not be working, where do I start? talk to a private alarm company that will most likely try sell me a whole new system? but pay for the engineer to come and test the whole system?

TIA

If you press the star button code, does this list off the faults?
    You can change the sensor heads on them wire free sensors so if one is the issue this is the cheaper option than just upgrading.

The lcd screen has all sorts of weird characters flashing up

Can you describe these weird characters or post up a pic. This might indicate a problem with the panel itself. Rather than any devices.
    The new UTC panels can have duel receivers so you can use both the older sensors or replace with newer one if any are faulty.
    If faulty sensor heads are giving false alarms they can also be replaced as stated by Altor.
    But my first concern here would be whats happening with the panel to see if there is a problem with that..

From an end users point of view upgrading when you may not have to can end up costing you in the long run.
    I'd rather see you find what issues you have as if you have faulty devices now, you will still have faulty devices if you upgrade.

altor wrote: »
    If you press the star button code, does this list off the faults?
    You can change the sensor heads on them wire free sensors so if one is the issue this is the cheaper option than just upgrading.

When I press * it just asks me to enter my code

• Advertisement

http://imgur.com/a/fcIHM

Sorry but I can't seem to embed an imgur image here, the above link is to an image of the characters on the lcd screen.

The alarm whilst switched off has not often just beeped away and in order to stop i had to go an enter the pass code then it say "your system is disarmed" even though it was already disarmed.

Doesn't look too healthy. Might be worth trying to power cycle it.
    Remove the mains fuse spur & disconnect the battery .
    Wait a minute & power up again.

When I press * it just asks me to enter my code

That is correct, put in your code and it should list off what issues you are having.

Sorry but I can't seem to embed an imgur image here, the above link is to an image of the characters on the lcd screen.

The alarm whilst switched off has not often just beeped away and in order to stop i had to go an enter the pass code then it say "your system is disarmed" even though it was already disarmed.

It still should not cause the system to beep.
    Have you got the monitoring station numbers taking out of the system?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭retepnosnikta

Same here with the random "weird characters". Doesn't affect the operation of the panel. They usually disappear after you press a couple of keys. I disconnected the contacts from the keypad to the control panel and they disappeared for a while but came back again.

They are the extended ASCII character key set. To test this hold down the Ctrl Alt keys together and enter the number 208 on your computer keyboard and you'll see one of those weird characters. This character is another favourite ¥

Probably a short on the control panel keypad but it's causing me no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mish2017

Hi

Looking for some help.

Moved in house with a concord international panel. Looking to upgrade it so that it could be monitored via smart phone or over the internet. Would also like to add a working external bell.

Is this possible to do by changing the panel alone and keeping existing wireless sensors?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

mish2017 wrote:
    Moved in house with a concord international panel. Looking to upgrade it so that it could be monitored via smart phone or over the internet. Would also like to add a working external bell.

mish2017 wrote:
    Is this possible to do by changing the panel alone and keeping existing wireless sensors?

No the wireless frequency it works on is different to the panels in use now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Hi Altor ,
    Old concord system driving us all mad .Keeps beeping at about 4 the last few nights.I can sleep through it but not other family members who make sure to wake me up too ,so I can be as miserable as them.

Only was with phonewatch for first year ,it must be 10 year old now.Can you tell me how to stop it dialing out as it is disconnected from phonewatch?.

Half asleep when posting so have no idea what red thumb is doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Next door neighbour sorted it today ,so all good.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 PEHETHE

Hi Altor

I have an old Phonewatch Concord 60-840-43 system which is no longer monitored. I have the engineer code and need to delete a sensor from a velux window. Can you send me the codes to do this?

Advertisement