Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BenQ W1070+ Full HD 3D projector £449 @ Amazon

• 28-01-2015 1:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭

http://www.amazon.co.uk/BenQ-Short-throw-Projector-Projection-Flexible-White-Grey/dp/B00MGBFDM6

BenQ W1070+ is supposed to be better than the very well liked BenQ W1070.

It's never been this cheap. But do your own research first though, it's short throw projector etc. Here's the related HDUK thread

Also, check if RicherSounds are price matching - because they usually include 5 year warranty as well (which is what I did last month with my Optoma). Really nice guys to deal with in RichersSounds Belfast store. They will post it to you for a tenner as well.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭vanti

I'm not sure if it's better or worse but Komplett have been selling the Optoma HD141x for 569 (delivery for around a tenner). Just in case you might want a choice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭positron

Sold out. Expired.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Its sold out I think .. :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

DLP, beware of rainbow effect, even if you don't get it others in your family etc. might, it's a lot more common than you think.
    Stick with LCD projection technology, zero rainbow effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

I pulled the trigger and bought this this morning using the link from the OP.

It wasn't £499 but did get it for £553 which isn't bad.

Gone back up to £716 now but keep checking.

Thanks OP .. Don't know if I want to hit or hug you... My Credit Card says hit :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭_Jumper_

Are you gonna use instead of a tv?

Is their noise out of it?

What do you do with it...hang from ceiling?

How ya play stuff from it?

_Jumper_ wrote: »
    Are you gonna use instead of a tv?
    In the room its estined for,yes.
    But it wont be the main TV of the house.

Is their noise out of it?
    Yes, but no too bad from the reviews Ive read.

What do you do with it...hang from ceiling?
    Yes.

How ya play stuff from it?
    I will more than likely use it for Movies from HTPC, but also gaming and music
    My amp will be hooked up to it

Tinder Surprise, fingers crossed it all comes together well. Do post a review.

I bought a Optoma HD141X on new years day and it's just jaw droppingly awesome. I bought basic mount, 10m power cable, 10m HDMI and a pair of DLP Link 3D glasses etc from Amazon, worked out less than €60 for the lot. Powered by PS3 and projecting to normal wall 4 meters across the room, I get sharp bright 2.7 meters wide picture. Really happy with the projector so far.

positron wrote: »
    Tinder Surprise, fingers crossed it all comes together well. Do post a review.

I bought a Optoma HD141X on new years day and it's just jaw droppingly awesome. I bought basic mount, 10m power cable, 10m HDMI and a pair of DLP Link 3D glasses etc from Amazon, worked out less than €60 for the lot. Powered by PS3 and projecting to normal wall 4 meters across the room, I get sharp bright 2.7 meters wide picture. Really happy with the projector so far.

Yep I am now looking at accessories - please send me link to where you purchased

Are all 3D glasses the same?

Optoma supports either DLP Link or Vesa type. I got these DLP Link 3D glasses - read good reviews about it on Amazon and elsewhere, and it's not bad at all. It's not the most stylish glass, but does the job really well, once you figure out the best way to wear it.

And this ceiling mount, which can be fitted without the long arm in the middle, making it as close as 3-4 cms to the ceiling.

Power / HDMI cables were from various sellers on Amazon, less than €10 each. I wasn't going to fall for the "special" "gold-coated" cables that some shops would recommend. There's absolutely no need for it.

I have decided not to buy a screen. I am getting excellent picture projecting to a cream wall - I might paint it a bit better, but definitely not going to change it to 'black widow' or whatever that perfect screen paint formula is. Really happy with things as they are.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭Johny_cash

is this any good

Excellent links
    thanks!

especially the ceiling bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 tractorjaws

I got this projector at £374.99! It was on a flash sale on the 31 Jan.

I have never had a projector before but I have wanted one recently to watch movies and play the PS4.

So it was now or never this is what I got in the end.

Projector
    BenQ W1070+ 1080P Full HD Short-throw Video Projector with 3D Support
    497.47 Euro

Projector Screen
    Jago BELESV05 Projector Screen with Tripod 98.4'' / 250
    56.78 Euro

3D Glasses
    Signstek 2 Pack 2014 Newest Version Detachable 144Hz 3D Active Shutter Glasses for DLP-Link 3D Projector
    26.52 Euro

HDMI Cable 10M
    IBRA® 10m High Speed PRO GOLD RED v2.0/1.4a HDMI Cable 3D 2160p PS4 SKY HD 4K Ultra HD(Version 2.0, 18Gbps, ARC)
    23.81 Euro

3D Movies
    Dredd
    6.63 Euro

Pacific Rim
    20.00 Euro

Total
    775.99 Euro including vat

I really hope this will be worth it, but you cant complain about having a home cinema setup (- the sound system) for under a €1000 Euro but I did spend a lot on this tech from my own point of view. I hope games will be awesome on it like the Witcher 3 and the Division, I am sure movies will look great from the reviews Ive read. I dont know about that projector screen, it was fairly cheep, if it is a crap screen I will pick up this one Duronic FPS100/43 - Floor Projector Screen - 100" (Screen: 203cm(w) X 152cm(h)) when it goes on deal. I will let you guys know when I receive this stuff later this week.

I got this projector at £374.99! It was on a flash sale on the 31 Jan.

Now that's a steal! TinderSurprise, if I were you I would be onto Amazon Customer Services and see if they will refund / match that price.

Now that's a steal! TinderSurprise, if I were you I would be onto Amazon Customer Services and see if they will refund / match that price.

REALLY?

Would they entertain my request?

They are usually very good, but of course there might limits to what they can do, but no harm in asking them. You are well within your rights to cancel / return your order too.

When I was buying the Optoma, Currys initially kicked off the price war, and Amazon price matched and I placed my order with them, but a week later RicherSounds price matched Currys and Amazon plus 5 year warranty, so I arranged Amazon to cancel the order (it was already with AnPost, but Amazon arranged it not to be delivered) and went with RicherSounds instead.

They are usually very good, but of course there might limits to what they can do, but no harm in asking them. You are well within your rights to cancel / return your order too.

When I was buying the Optoma, Currys initially kicked off the price war, and Amazon price matched and I placed my order with them, but a week later RicherSounds price matched Currys and Amazon plus 5 year warranty, so I arranged Amazon to cancel the order (it was already with AnPost, but Amazon arranged it not to be delivered) and went with RicherSounds instead.

on phone now....everyone cross their fingers.

Booooo nothing they can do on the price.

Item coming from 3rd party so they cant adjust my price, only cancel which would be crazy seeing what they are selling for now.

Oh well, at least you tried!

PS: Is W1070+ a huge improvement over W1070? RicherSounds has W1070 for £470 + delivery and I didn't see a mention of 5 year warranty but I think they do it too..

Oh well, at least you tried!

PS: Is W1070+ a huge improvement over W1070? RicherSounds has W1070 for £470 + delivery and I didn't see a mention of 5 year warranty but I think they do it too..

There is a few key changes but nothing really major, but I weighed it up and for the reduced price I paid, and just an extra £60 I went for the + model.

Advertisement