Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Insurance

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Tried 25plus from PC - relatively good price, sensible "assumptions/conditions", no messing. Definitely a contender next time round. Cheers naughtysmurf!

Yeah they are good at the moment but check their voluntary excess as they sneak that in on most policies to bring the price down. AIG who underwrite them tend to always be good at the start of the year. I don't know if that's a business tragedy or just a coincidence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Kunkka wrote: »
    Yeah they are good at the moment but check their voluntary excess as they sneak that in on most policies to bring the price down. AIG who underwrite them tend to always be good at the start of the year. I don't know if that's a business tragedy or just a coincidence
    I've excess bumped to the max anyway like? I need 4 things from insurance, a disk in the window, third party extension, windscreen cover and not to feel violated after paying for it.

Who in their right mind claims for something under €750?
    That's what has me mystified by the "original audio equipment only" condition of other insurers - what idiot would lose their NCB for a €200 radio???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Who in their right mind claims for something under €750?
    That's what has me mystified by the "original audio equipment only" condition of other insurers - what idiot would lose their NCB for a €200 radio???

Trust me it would be surprise you.

Thing is if you called another company and asked for the excess to be bumped up a lot of the time you'd beat the AIG price or get in and around it. It's a clever but risky selling technique because not everyone can afford the first €750.00 towards any claim so it doesn't need to be under €750.00. It applies to all claims and means you'd be more out of pocket when you have to claim. If you have a spare €750.00 lying around it totally makes sense to go with the higher excess but in today's Ireland most people don't. I know I don't especially this month :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Tried 25plus from PC - relatively good price, sensible "assumptions/conditions", no messing. Definitely a contender next time round. Cheers naughtysmurf!

Hope the time travel back to the golden pages era & using a PC wasn't too traumatic for you :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Hope the time travel back to the golden pages era & using a PC wasn't too traumatic for you :P
    I was pawing the screen for ages before I remembered the "mouse"!

• Advertisement
Advertisement