Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 Guys comes to Dublin

Options
  • 28-01-2015 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

It was announced that 5 guys burgers and fries is to open some locations in Dublin

I'm delighted with the news after trying the food over when in the states and London.

Link

Any one else a fan?

Can't wait for a lovely cheese burger with their cajun fries.

Drool :pac:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

Are they country lads up from wesht Limerick or what ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

There was me thinking some hired goons were coming to fix this place.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭digitalninja

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Yeah, LovinDublin don't know what the word 'infamous' means.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

I was waiting for the punchline

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dog of Tears

Great!

Another outlet selling cheap and nasty junk food to the masses.

Just what the city needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Funny, of all the chains in the US, I've never heard of that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

Let's hope they locate on O'Connell St., we badly need another source of fast food/litter/post-binge soakage on our main street.

five-guys-3quarters-backside.jpg
    Yus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Great!

Another outlet selling cheap and nasty junk food to the masses.

Just what the city needs.
    It wont be cheap :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

digitalninja if that's the shíte they're serving, it looks Disgusting

21/25

book, cover, don't knock it until you've tried it etc, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

One of the best burgers I have ever had!! Although you will pay for it. Here in London i paid £13 last week for burger, chips and a coke. Portions are huge though, the burgers are divine and you get all the free refills you want!!:D

uch wrote: »
    digitalninja if that's the shíte they're serving, it looks Disgusting

Its disgustingly delicious. About 2900 calories for a cheeseburger and large fries, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

drumswan wrote: »
    Its disgustingly delicious. About 2900 calories for a cheeseburger and large fries, lol.

It is great.. I can feel the last of my arteries hardening...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

5 Guys are delish. The only burger I've had in Dublin that's close to a 5 Guys would be Bunsen (who are most definitely superior, but on a similar wavelength). They weren't expensive when I had some (in a mall's food court in Orlando) and the portions were your usual American huge versus our own.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Shiminay wrote: »
    5 Guys are delish. The only burger I've had in Dublin that's close to a 5 Guys would be Bunsen (who are most definitely superior, but on a similar wavelength). They weren't expensive when I had some (in a mall's food court in Orlando) and the portions were your usual American huge versus our own.

I have been meaning to check out Bunsen. They look good from the pictures I have seen. Nice non 1ft tall burger.. I am not a fan of these overly large burgers that you have no hope of eating without them falling to bits or dismantling.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

For those of you familiar with Bunsen, Five Guys is very similar. I'm a big fan of their burgers and often eat there when in the US. The patties are nice and juicy, you can add lots of standard toppings for free and they provide a lettuce wrap (for the likes of me) with no hassle. Their fries are excellent too.

I'm looking forward to this - hope it happens for real.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Is there a reason the link in the OP refers to them as 'infamous'?

Never heard of them but will check them out when they arrive :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Is there a reason the link in the OP refers to them as 'infamous'?
    Because Harbo et al have yet to learn how to write proper English.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

But we already have Eddie Rockets!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭malibu4u

drumswan wrote: »
    just the thing for lunch every day so....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

It's often said that a family fortune (such as Dermot Desmond's) are rarely retained for 3 generations, if this investment is to be believed it appears the Desmond boys are fast movers and wish to skip a generation

Dermot must be dissapointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 glassdaisies

oh man 5 Guys is the best! Actually just went there for lunch the other day. By and large my favorite burger. Just keep in mind the "regular" burger is actually a double, and the "little" burger is a single (if they do it the same way in the states) and split the fries/chips and you're good to go. Price wise, more than McDonalds but less than a sitdown place. No, it's not terribly healthy, but the ingredients are all fresh and nothing is frozen. Yum!

I've been searching on Google and can't find the following info - Does anyone actually know when one of these will be opening? I've seen nothing to do with the timeline in any article which accompanied last month's announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Aard wrote: »
    Because Harbo et al have yet to learn how to write proper English.

ah now maybe now this is becoming more clear because I'd never heard of 5 guys either but yet people are talking about them as if making a burger is some sort of science and this new chain are somehow going to revolutionise burgers in Dublin.

If Harbison is harping on about it then it appears more likely that its just another brand from the US that him and a certain set like fawning over. Its hard to take any fawning over an American burger chain seriously when American beef producers are allowed to feed their animals all sorts of stuff to artificially bloat and fatten the animal. I mean given the choice what meat eater would choose beef fed with angel dust over one fed on grass ? You'd think Harbison, a supposed expert on food, would realsie that.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    ah now maybe now this is becoming more clear because I'd never heard of 5 guys either but yet people are talking about them as if making a burger is some sort of science and this new chain are somehow going to revolutionise burgers in Dublin.

If Harbison is harping on about it then it appears more likely that its just another brand from the US that him and a certain set like fawning over. Its hard to take any fawning over an American burger chain seriously when American beef producers are allowed to feed their animals all sorts of stuff to artificially bloat and fatten the animal. I mean given the choice what meat eater would choose beef fed with angel dust over one fed on grass ? You'd think Harbison, a supposed expert on food, would realsie that.
    Have you ever eaten at Five Guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Pricewise where would 5 Guys fit in? McDonalds prices or Bunsen prices?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Went to Five Guys in London again this week, took a picture of the menu for you guys.

http://i.imgur.com/xcFApYo.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/BrFLdzD.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/LdfXIpf.jpg

Prices in Sterling.

Advertisement