Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yachtmaster mileage/Hours – What to log

• 28-01-2015 2:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have it in my head now that I would like to complete my Yachtmaster in the next year or two so I would like to start logging my mileage/hours accordingly. I know I can log cruises and day passages as I know the exact distance etc., but when it comes to racing should I be logging the hours? I Know it will be tough to gauge the distance covered but the hours can add up quite quickly.

Thanks for the advise,

Pete

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Hi All,

I have it in my head now that I would like to complete my Yachtmaster in the next year or two so I would like to start logging my mileage/hours accordingly. I know I can log cruises and day passages as I know the exact distance etc., but when it comes to racing should I be logging the hours? I Know it will be tough to gauge the distance covered but the hours can add up quite quickly.

Thanks for the advise,

Pete
    Round the cans racing doesn't count. Needs to be point to point passages, be they races, cruises or deliveries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭The_Pete_Fella

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Round the cans racing doesn't count. Needs to be point to point passages, be they races, cruises or deliveries.

Thought as much Heidi but was just looking for confirmation as although the distances might not be huge, there is alot of hours built up over the year on can racing. its a shame to loose out on them. they wont affect me too much though but didnt want to go through the hassel of logging my old races..

Thanks

Advertisement