Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from soccer forum

Options
  • 28-01-2015 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭

Hi, I would like to appeal my ban from the soccer forum, due to receiving a yellow card for this post.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94034482&postcount=5722

I genuinely didn't mean any Offence by the post, it was actually the opposite of that. It was in fact trying to be complimentary to the player.

I have contacted the Mod and discussed the issue with him and he has said that he knew I didn't really mean any offence by the post. He couldn't overturn the yellow, which I can understand as his hands are tied, but I am appealing for some Leniency as I genuinely meant not to abuse the player, and from reading the post, I'm sure the majority would agree.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've had a word with the mod. We agree that although you used an abusive term to describe the player you were actually paying him a backhanded compliment. You were certainly not attempting to troll the fans of the club in question. In the circumstances he has agreed to overturn the card and resultant ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Beasty wrote: »
    I've had a word with the mod. We agree that although you used an abusive term to describe the player you were actually paying him a backhanded compliment. You were certainly not attempting to troll the fans of the club in question. In the circumstances he has agreed to overturn the card and resultant ban.

Cheers to you and the mod. Appreciated.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement