Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SOLAS courses/Payment/Non attendance

• 28-01-2015 4:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭

I will be starting an evening course soon, which I agreed to do in an intreo meeting.

From what I know, if you do not follow through with what was agreed in the intreo meeting you can get your payment cut.

What I am asking is, I am applying for jobs all over the country, getting the bus to and from which can take all day. Are they going to stop my payment if I miss a night or two.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

I will be starting an evening course soon, which I agreed to do in an intreo meeting.

From what I know, if you do not follow through with what was agreed in the intreo meeting you can get your payment cut.

What I am asking is, I am applying for jobs all over the country, getting the bus to and from which can take all day. Are they going to stop my payment if I miss a night or two.
    You will need to keep all or any paperwork re interviews ECT It is unlikely that you will be docked money.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭roxana

You can go for job interviews during the course, you need to have a proof of that and they won't deduct the hours.
    Full payment is 188 euro, so if you miss a day (full time course) they will deduct 35-40 euro of you, without sick note from docs or proof of job interviews.

Advertisement