Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New phone & fault

Options
  • 28-01-2015 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I purchased Samsung edge from a mobile operator store mid December, contracting myself for 2 years. It only worked 3/4 weeks and it stopped recognising my sim. I took it back to the store and was told it will take 2 weeks to repair.

I borrowed phone from family.

I got text that it may be another 2 weeks as they are waiting on part.

Am I wrong thinking that as the phone is so new, I should be entitled to replacement of similar phone? I didn't even have it for month. I feel bit hard done by, paying higher data then I would if using the smaller phone I am currently using, having to borrow phone considering I just paid for new phone December

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Best to check the receipt I have worked for two of the operators in the past and at the time it would have been possible to exchange it in store within 28 days things may well have changed since then though I think some places it might only be 14 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MiaG

it's over 28 days now as they have it for repair for the last 2 weeks (minus one day).

Advertisement