Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hanley Drug Collector

Options
  • 28-01-2015 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭

Anyone get a knock from these?

Some fella with a laminated name tag with a bucket with the name Hanley just called , he said it was to do with drugs.

Had a look there and the only place I see is in Dunlaoghaire,bit far to go to collect.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Hanley Centre are well known. They are an alcoholic support centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Not think its a bit odd collecting the opposite side of the city?

No? How else will they make money... sure Victory Outreach go EVERYWHEREEEE.

Well once I know its legit and there isnt some chancer going around and other people get stung.

Suppose you have to try anything to get the money needed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,383 ✭✭✭corner of hells

jeffk wrote: »
    Not think its a bit odd collecting the opposite side of the city?

It would be if they turned round and said they would only offer services to people from DunLaoire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

According to their own website they do not do door to door collections. They seem to sell lines (raffle lines?) door to door but they don't collect money.

Some info here on a court case involving bogus collectors.

According to their own website they do not do door to door collections. They seem to sell lines (raffle lines?) door to door but they don't collect money.

Some info here on a court case involving bogus sellers.

The fella I answered the door to was in his mid to late 20s.

No wonder the father doesn't open the door to people selling/charity etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

There are 2 guys who do it. Bogey in the extreme. Confident guys but bogey. Money going straight into their pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Had one knock on the door last week, i just said no and he walked away.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I have had a serious issue about some of their fund raising methods before, in Dun Laoghaire itself, and have complained directly to them.

My advice is if you wish to contribute to them, go direct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭stevekavo

They seem to be knocking on doors every 2nd week. They have been at my house twice in February. Always at about 7 when I'm trying to get the kids to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

I bought some skunk off them and it turned out to be really low strength soap bar so i am disgusted!

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

Same as when Victory Outreach used to collect, always late in the evening, around dinner time/bed time.

(As an aside, VO have had half their congregation disband and start their own church'

jeffk wrote: »
    Anyone get a knock from these?

Some fella with a laminated name tag with a bucket with the name Hanley just called , he said it was to do with drugs.

Had a look there and the only place I see is in Dunlaoghaire,bit far to go to collect.

Yes, I had two people come to me collecting from the Hanley Centre.. I quizzed them on what it was / who the contact was, and could see that they had original but probably stolen identification / branding.

I asked them their names and they stuttered.. So I told them what I thought of them , going around robbing people. Then they got hostile and walked away fast.. But I followed them and watched them get into the back of a car. Took down the reg but didn't follow up. Total scam.

Advertisement