Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Oven not heating?

Options
  • 28-01-2015 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just looking for ideas, have Zanussi ZDF 290XC installed since around 2008. Anyway last week the grill heat seemed to be down, normally could have at around 150 for grill but last while even over 200 and it was very slow to cook food...

So today left oven on for over an hour,came back and making all the noises but no heat in the oven.

I am guessing I have had a good run and it has had it days? or any ideas if cheap to repair?

Main question is any recommendations for replacement? don't really have budget. I looked at PowerCity and prices seem to range from 400-1200. I won't be going to the 1200 range...

Also any idea's where is best place for purchase? or DID/PowerCity/Currys the best? In Dublin.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Our oven stopped heating a while back.
    There are likely about 4 screws at the back of your oven.
    If you remove those the back plate comes away and you will see the fan and the heating element. It's likely that the element has just worn out.

Ours was about €35 euro to replace. You just pull the old one out, push the new one in and replace the back plate.

Try spareparts.ie or search online for places that sell oven elements and give them a call. Worth trying anyway before buying a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

sin0city wrote: »
    Our oven stopped heating a while back.
    There are likely about 4 screws at the back of your oven.
    If you remove those the back plate comes away and you will see the fan and the heating element. It's likely that the element has just worn out.

Ours was about €35 euro to replace. You just pull the old one out, push the new one in and replace the back plate.

Try spareparts.ie or search online for places that sell oven elements and give them a call. Worth trying anyway before buying a new one.

Seen that online

Also seen this:

This indicates a open/shorted oven temperature sensor and to solve this problem the sensor needs replacement. If you wan to be sure before replacing the sensor then you can test it with a voltmeter for around 1100ohms....if it reads more then this then it needs replacement however, if the reading is around or less then 1100ohms then it is the control board that needs replacement. Please get back to me if you have any other questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭adrian92

(Slightly confused about grill being slow.)

But you seemed to indicate oven fan working but no heat from oven.
    Quite possibly( on oven front) that oven element failed. Not a major item to change on most ovens.

(you could try google oven element change - lots of utube clips).

Make sure you buy the correct element though, if you go down this road.

I , from what you said, would be slow to discard the machine - new element seems to be the way to approach it.

Guy coming on Saturday to fix.....seems to be decent price to fix......

We charge €30 to call in and find the problem and €30 to fix it parts if needed are extra.
    Your grill element on that is €45.
    The thermostat is €40.
    The main oven element is €28.

I would do myself but don't have time to pick up parts etc so better just to get "the guy" in to fix...

Was going to buy new but still kicking myself for buying a new washing machine and then 2 weeks later working out how to fix the broken one, so now have 2 washing machines sitting in house

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭adrian92

Hope your machine repair worked out ok.

• Advertisement

Yeah worked great, it was the element on the oven, cost 88 all in with call out etc....so better than 600 on new one

Light is gone now in oven, not sure if he done that but I will be replacing myself :-)

Thanks for help

Advertisement