Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snes Mod to play Earthbound needed

• 28-01-2015 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Looking for best option available to play import snes games; have been using sfx converter to play jap games on my pal snes with no issues; recently bought earthbound and screen shows game pak not compatible 🙀 is there a better converter or would I be better aiming for a switch less mod as I want to import mario rpg, chrono trigger next. Can someone recommend a good contact to mod snes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The switchless mod is the best for compatibility, & the one you want is called the SuperCIC mod. That said, Earthbound is notoriously picky about things & has many (some still unknown) protections built in (including a very nasty one that deletes your save game just at the last boss). One thing to be sure of, are you certain the cart is legit? Open it up & double check that first & foremost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

You're better off just getting the console modded. Region switch and a 50/60hz switch and you're good to go. Or another option would be to look at importing an American SNES.

Myrddin wrote: »

Didn't know that about earthbound! Pretty clever actually.

TBH if you're looking at importing more titles then I'd say sell your PAL one and get an NTSC console. That way you'll know everything will work 100% and a lot of American games are cheaper than the Euro equivalent.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 kmclaughlin79

The switchless mod is the best for compatibility, & the one you want is called the SuperCIC mod. That said, Earthbound is notoriously picky about things & has many (some still unknown) protections built in (including a very nasty one that deletes your save game just at the last boss). One thing to be sure of, are you certain the cart is legit? Open it up & double check that first & foremost.

Cart is legit is switch less the best mod as it seems the more popular option and is there anyone in Ireland that can carry out mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 kmclaughlin79

Didn't know that about earthbound! Pretty clever actually.

TBH if you're looking at importing more titles then I'd say sell your PAL one and get an NTSC console. That way you'll know everything will work 100% and a lot of American games are cheaper than the Euro equivalent.

That's another option I looked at anyone selling a U.S. Snes ;)

That's another option I looked at anyone selling a U.S. Snes ;)

If you can get this for close to the starting bid.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Super-Nintendo-System-SNES-Game-Console-6-Games-Controller-Mario-World-Bundle-4-/381136799127?pt=Video_Games&hash=item58bd860597

Cart is legit is switch less the best mod as it seems the more popular option and is there anyone in Ireland that can carry out mod

Switchless (SuperCIC) is the best for all round compatibility yes, but if the cart is legit then you should be fine with a normal switch mod too. As for who does them, I'm not sure how busy he is but I know The Last Bandit knows his way around a soldering iron.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Switchless (SuperCIC) is the best for all round compatibility yes, but if the cart is legit then you should be fine with a normal switch mod too. As for who does them, I'm not sure how busy he is but I know The Last Bandit knows his way around a soldering iron.

He is up to his goolies at the moment so can't take on anything for a while..

Advertisement