Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prospective ski gang?

• 28-01-2015 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey everyone,

I appreciate these threads come up from time to time and most people are redirected to snowheads, skiclubs etc. but thought I would see if there was any interest among the forum for what I am about to suggest.

I'm a girl in her 30's, minus my ski gang this year as people had other travel plans. I wasn't too fussed at the time, but now am missing the snow, have some leave and am interested in hitting the slopes. I'm an intermediate skier, love the days on the slopes and the aprés most nights. Wanted to see if there are any other easygoing, friendly folk in their 30s who might be interested in picking a week in a resort in Feb/March? I am easygoing re dates/whether accommodation would be shared/whether people want to ski together/get tuition etc - just like the idea of knowing a few faces on the plane out and we would hopefully have a bit of craic together over the holidays. If people are interested, send me a p/m. If there are a few interested, I'd happily arrange a Dublin based coffee/pint to discuss details. Equally, if people are looking to fill a chalet space, let me know! Happy skiing everyone..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

Hey Snowhappy,

If you can you should come along to Against the Grain on Wexford street this Friday at 7. A group is meeting up to chat about potential dates for ski trips and have a laugh.

The URL for the group is www.meetup.com/Skiers-and-Boarders-United/

Hope to see you there!

Fiachra

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭karl83

Hey, I'm 31 male heading back out to val D'Isére for 2 weeks in March. Prob going around 14/15th your more than welcome to come along. There's 6 others, mixed group coming the 21st and I've loads of friends out there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Can anybody go last min? It's 240 for Andorra or 250 for Meribel leaving this Saturday and back following Saturday.

4 heads needed or 3 including myself

Heading to Les Deux Alpes from the 21st to 28th March, staying at the UCPA with a workmate. I'm an intermediate while my mate is a beginner. Others are more than welcome to join.

For Ryanair flights, accommodation, all meals, ski pass, gear, lessons, transfers from Grenoble. All for €860 with a €12 discount with the code SP2015.

www.action-outdoors.co.uk/holiday/cart?ActivityID=9496

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Might be interested, can't get the link working, it's this one?

https://www.action-outdoors.co.uk/holiday/cart?ActivityID=9496

• Advertisement

Tis indeed. You can change the currency in the top right-hand corner, it's cheaper in Euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

I'm half thinking of heading away next weekend. I'm a teacher so my dates aren't flexible, has to be leaving next weekend 14th/15th Feb I'm afraid. I know this won't suit a lot but just thought I'd ask.

Destination not important to me, as long as there's snow, which there seems to be everywhere.

I'd class myself as in intermediate snowboarder but it's been about 7 years since I've been.

I enjoy a good knees up and a bit of craic too, as important as the slopes!

fobster wrote: »
    For Ryanair flights, accommodation, all meals, ski pass, gear, lessons, transfers from Grenoble. All for €860 with a €12 discount with the code SP2015.

www.action-outdoors.co.uk/holiday/cart?ActivityID=9496

The Les Deux Alpes trip excluding flights is €680, the cost of Ryanair flights is the only piece of the package that is likely to change! Currently €215 with a 15kg checked bag.

The Les Deux Alpes trip excluding flights is €680, the cost of Ryanair flights is the only piece of the package that is likely to change! Currently €215 with a 15kg checked bag.

Ryanair must be doing a sale, managed to get flights for 131e without any checked bags, from 21st to 28th! Just looking at action outdoors now, Val Thorens, la Plagne, Tignes and Val D'Isere all also got transfers from Grenoble!! Choices ha!! Will prob do L2A still though!

Timmaay wrote: »
    Ryanair must be doing a sale, managed to get flights for 131e without any checked bags, from 21st to 28th! Just looking at action outdoors now, Val Thorens, la Plagne, Tignes and Val D'Isere all also got transfers from Grenoble!! Choices ha!! Will prob do L2A still though!

If I was to choose any place else it would probably Tignes or Val D'Isere, bigger ski area than LDA, more reds and blacks. No pressure dude!

• Advertisement

No pressure dude!

God this is tough ha! Tignes has the ski bungee, and VDI does sound amazing from reading up. Ski pass does both areas anyways? But then again this is only my 2nd trip, I still got lots to learn on blues and reds and LDA sounds perfect for that.

Flights back to 100quid! I booked too early lol!

Ah sick! You can never win!

Advertisement