Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rte Player for Xbox One?

Options
  • 28-01-2015 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

The title pretty much says it all.

Does anyone know if an app is on the cards?

Thanks

Joe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

joe_dunne wrote: »
    The title pretty much says it all.

Does anyone know if an app is on the cards?

Thanks

Joe
    Not Yet. It's a pity that the RTÉ player isn't HTML 5 based for video.

There's a request for this I put on the Xbox Feedback site, but it has gained a massive 26 votes in 6 months. I don't think it'll be a priority for Microsoft in the near future.

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251646-apps/suggestions/6034176-rt%C3%89-player-for-ireland-please

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭aidz

Has Rte still not done anything about this. Just opened the apps in our new xb1 and couldn't find the rte player.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

aidz wrote: »
    Has Rte still not done anything about this. Just opened the apps in our new xb1 and couldn't find the rte player.

Same problem here,bloody frustrating,, no problem on my tablet,can't understand why,maybe its not popular enough

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭prionnsias

I contacted Rte asking if there was any plans to make the player app available on the xbox one. This was the response.

"At present the RTÉ Player is not supported on Xbox One. However, we are continually researching ways to improve the RTÉ player experience and we hope to make the service available across multiple platforms in the near future"

So it may be possible down the line

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Maysa07

prionnsias wrote: »
    I contacted Rte asking if there was any plans to make the player app available on the xbox one. This was the response.

"At present the RTÉ Player is not supported on Xbox One. However, we are continually researching ways to improve the RTÉ player experience and we hope to make the service available across multiple platforms in the near future"

So it may be possible down the line

It's not even on the radar for Xbox one support. No plan at present what so ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Maysa07 wrote: »
    It's not even on the radar for Xbox one support. No plan at present what so ever.
    Any plans for HTML 5 video support on the site, rather than Flash?
    Or perhaps a Windows 10 Universal app, as that could end up coming to Xbox One by the back door.

Advertisement