Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of trying again

Options
  • 28-01-2015 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

I have a 2month old baby that took years to conceive due to male semen antibodies. We are thinking of trying again as I am 35 and don't want to wait too long. Anyone out there conceive at this age, I am worried that I might be too old to conceive now!! Or do you think it is too soon to be thinking about trying again??

I am also worried about dying in child birth and not been around to see my child grow up!! Stupid I know but any advice would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Successfully conceived my first baby naturally at 40. Had a great pregnancy and hoping to go again. Now 41. I know several women who had babies over 40. So you are still young! Good luck!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

If you have fertility issues, and want a second child, best not hang around if you can.

I'm nearly 40 and hope to have another child.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭zoviea

Yes that's true but why the hell am I worried about death in child birth!! I hate to miss out on my baby, anyone know how common it is for death in childbirth??

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Death in childbirth is very rare and not something you should be worrying about.
    Are you generally anxious or is this a specific phobia type of fear?

I had my first baby at 35 and am just this month pregnant with my second at 37 but, as Neyite says, if you have fertility issues the sooner you get cracking the better

Congrats typer monkey..yes I suffer with anxiety so that does not help! I just worry about it and not seen my baby grow up... I guess ill have to relax or it wont happen anyway!! Have a feeling it wont happen again anyway as it took so long to conceive last time..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,299 ✭✭✭ariana`

zoviea wrote: »
    Yes that's true but why the hell am I worried about death in child birth!! I hate to miss out on my baby, anyone know how common it is for death in childbirth??

I think it's quite normal to worry about all sorts of strange things when you become a parent. In the early days i was always panicking about something happening me or my husband. And even now i was going away last weekend and my 5yo asked me not to go, i started freaking out thinking he somehow could "sense" that something was going to happen to me if went, completely irrational :rolleyes: You will find stories in the media making you ball hysterically as well, it's the life of a parent i think, especially as a mother (my husband is a lot saner than i am :))

Best of luck with trying again, i was over 35 having my 2nd and i'm now pregnant with my 3rd. Neither were quick or easy conceptions, we had factors on both male & female side, but we got there in the end :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

After a year of TTC I got pregnant in January of last year and had a baby girl in September.
    She is now 20 weeks old and is truly the best little baby ever. She is so placid and happy and sleeps brilliantly.
    I'm 37 and can't wait to have another one if we can. I think we're going to start TTC again in the early summer time.

Thanks all for yer replys..I feel the very same as you Ariana!! When I put my one to be, he will cry for a while and when he does settle I have to keep checking cause hes too quite lol..Maybe its a mother thing so!!! Good luck in your pregnancy. Thanks Penny also, ur right we are still young enough! good luck to you. Maybe ill be lucky again also!!

Advertisement