Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax back - No final payslip

Options
  • 28-01-2015 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

I'm back in Ireland now after spending one year in Oz. I have already claimed my tax back for the first 6 months of the year I was there (Jan 14' - July 14'). After July I went & done my regional work.

In regional work each week, I got a payslip with my weeks wages on it and the amount taxed each week but nothing to the effect of 'year to date'. Basically I didn't get a final payslip which said how much I was taxed in total.

Can I make up a little payslip myself with the totals earned & taxed etc. (adding up the info from all the payslips). Do I need to go to this extent or can my accountant etc. see how much I should be getting back using my tax file number?

PS - My regional employers do not deal in email etc. I don't think they even have an email address.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

You should ask your last employer for a PAYG payment summary.
    It is usually sent out at the end of the financial year after June 30th.
    They should be able to post it to you if they don't use email.

It states how much you earned and the total tax that was withheld for the employment period.
    This can be then used to claim back your tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

Thanks for your reply.

I'm aware that a tax summary should be sent out but to be honest my confidence in my last employers to do this is basically nil.

I feel they will drag things out and ultimately just make an excuse. I know it's unlawful but I do feel they really could delay the process.

Basically is a group cert/tax summary essential to claim tax back? Is it not possible to do it using my TFN?

Advertisement