Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Potterton/Baxi System mystery

• 28-01-2015 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi,

MY RGI plumber flooded the elctronics in my boiler whilst replacing the pump plastic housing and the diapragm in the water pressure switch.

With both dried out PCB, and PCB from another boiler, there is no spark and it ends up with the 30 degree and 40 degree red leds flashing, meaning no flame and over-temperature.

Checked wiring, high level / overtemp stat, swapped ignitors and just about every other part there is.

Anyone ever come across this fault before? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Unfortunately we cannot give out advice on how to carry out repairs to any Gas appliances on this forum.
    Your RGI should be able to use the correct channels available to him to find out where the fault is.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭share_bear

Is there any forum that does?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

The pcb needs to be reset I'd say..

The pcb needs to be reset I'd say..

Well he selected reset on the boiler knob - or do you mean something else please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

share_bear wrote: »
    Is there any forum that does?

Yes. The Rgi tech forum . Just pm a mod with your Rgi number to gain access , and all will be revealed .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

share_bear wrote: »
    Well he selected reset on the boiler knob - or do you mean something else please?

There's a different way of doing it. He should of known but that's all is wrong with it.
    Sometimes reset and put it into the heating mode quickly about 5 times will reset it.

There's a different way of doing it. He should of known but that's all is wrong with it.
    Sometimes reset and put it into the heating mode quickly about 5 times will reset it.

He did try, on advice from Baxi, to kill live feed for 5 minutes and hold in reset for long time with clock off,,,he didn't have the book with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Are you sure it was your plumber that flooded your boiler ???

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Are you sure it was your plumber that flooded your boiler ???

Yes I am. HE started into work, realized he needed to leave to get another part. Supply Valves off but not perfect - so very slow drip. Van broke down so several hours before he returned, slow leak flooded boiler in that time.

I find it strange for a home owner to be doing the job of a RGI, let your RGI stick to dealing with the manufactures or ask your RGI to join the RGI forum.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement