Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit for BOI NI

Options
  • 28-01-2015 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I received a flyer with my BOI NI statement today saying that you will be switching from Maestro to Visa Debit in Spring 2015.  Are you able to be more specific about when, as in which month?

It also says that the "Visa Debit product suite will also contain cards that have a contactless payments feature". Will contactless be the default like it is in the South or something that has to be requested?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

sitstill wrote: »
    Hi there,

I received a flyer with my BOI NI statement today saying that you will be switching from Maestro to Visa Debit in Spring 2015.  Are you able to be more specific about when, as in which month?

It also says that the "Visa Debit product suite will also contain cards that have a contactless payments feature". Will contactless be the default like it is in the South or something that has to be requested?
    Hi sitstill,

Many thanks for contacting us on Boards.

We haven't been given a specific date for the switch although we are eager to issue the new cards as soon as possible.

While the Contactless Payments Feature will not be a default on all Visa Debit cards, it will be a prominent part of the new offering and be issued on the majority of cards.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Hi there,

Hi sitstill,

Many thanks for contacting us on Boards.

We haven't been given a specific date for the switch although we are eager to issue the new cards as soon as possible.

While the Contactless Payments Feature will not be a default on all Visa Debit cards, it will be a prominent part of the new offering and be issued on the majority of cards.

Thanks

Billy
    Hi,

Do you have any further update as to when these cards will be issued? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi sitstill, 

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie. 

We are looking into your query at the moment and will get back to you here once we have more information. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi sitstill, 

We are delighted to confirm that we will be launching our Visa Debit cards mid April this year. 

If you would like to view more specific details on this change over, please see our FAQ's here on our website. 

We hope this helps and if there is anything else we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Hi there,

Do you know if BOI UK has started to issue these cards yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Hi there,

Do you know if BOI UK has started to issue these cards yet?
    Hi sitstill,

Thanks for your post.

We are happy to advise that Visa Debit cards are been issued to customers on a phase by phase basis from Mid-April.

See here for more information.

Tara C 

Advertisement