Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Dublin to Sligo bus?

Options
  • 29-01-2015 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm going to Sligo from Dublin tomorrow but the Bus Eireann buses seem to take upwards of 7 hours. Surely there is a more direct service than this?

I need to be in Sligo by 7pm at the latest. Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

robman60 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm going to Sligo from Dublin tomorrow but the Bus Eireann buses seem to take upwards of 7 hours. Surely there is a more direct service than this?

I need to be in Sligo by 7pm at the latest. Thanks guys.

The longest I've been on a bus is 5 hours, usually they're 3.5 - 4 hours, never 7!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

The train is a lot nicer. Seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

There's no competitor to BÉ . (There may have been a competitor years ago, Bartons maybe?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

I got the airport bus last year its a disgrace it follows the old parts of the n4 4 hours to travel 120 miles is a joke it can be driven in a hour and 50 mins if you don't meet much traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I got the airport bus last year its a disgrace it follows the old parts of the n4 4 hours to travel 120 miles is a joke it can be driven in a hour and 50 mins if you don't meet much traffic

Feck, you must drive like grease lighting, takes me about 2 to get to Maynouth, and thats on a clear road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭robman60

Well what actually happened was I missed the bus by about 1 minute, got the train instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

There is another service called 'The Bus'.

http://www.thebus.ie/

Advertisement