Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Silvercrest TV-5TB Drive Video Issues

• 29-01-2015 1:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭

I got a Seagate 5TB hard drive today and formatted it to FAT32 to work with my tv.

But when I go to watch videos on it, I get random errors.

Some play ok
    Some wont play
    Folders I know how files come up empty
    Go to play a video that’s 2 hours long and it plays another much shorter video

Anyone any ideas? I’ve read quickly some TVs wont support a drive this big, but then would that mean it does what mine does or shouldn’t play any at all?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

jeffk wrote: »
    I got a Seagate 5TB hard drive today and formatted it to FAT32 to work with my tv.

But when I go to watch videos on it, I get random errors.

Some play ok
    Some wont play
    Folders I know how files come up empty
    Go to play a video that’s 2 hours long and it plays another much shorter video

Anyone any ideas? I’ve read quickly some TVs wont support a drive this big, but then would that mean it does what mine does or shouldn’t play any at all?

There's a few issues there alright. Perhaps the tv will only play certain types of files and that's why the folders are coming up empty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭jeffk

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    There's a few issues there alright. Perhaps the tv will only play certain types of files and that's why the folders are coming up empty.

Ended up getting another drive,2TB in size and works grand.
    SO seems the size of the drive and trying to fool it with partitions wont/didnt work :(

Advertisement