Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Golf Van Mark 7

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Sitec wrote: »
    Varies but usually 70 % motorway 20 % B roads 10% city. Although with that tank I really tried for economy just to see what it would do. I had cruise control on for a lot of it set at 115 kph.

It took 42.8 Litres @ a cost of €53.88

As said it will take a good while to get good on diesel and properly break in. You probably won't reach optimum mpg until 10k km which by the sounds of it there is only 1k km on it now. I wouldn't be just driving it economically minded all the time either you need to drive it on every so often too. That tank was 52.5 mpg which is not bad for its very first tank of fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

I think it works out at 53 - 54mpg. The "Fuely" app I was singing praises about earlier decided to crash when uploading the data last week.

Bpmull wrote: »
    As said it will take a good while to get good on diesel and properly break in. You probably won't reach optimum mpg until 10k km which by the sounds of it there is only 1k km on it now. I wouldn't be just driving it economically minded all the time either you need to drive it on every so often too. That tank was 52.5 mpg which is not bad for its very first tank of fuel.

Yeah I'm not using cc for this tank so the engine gets a bit of variation. Not good holding an engine at a certain rpm for hours when it's new.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tf2

Could anyone put up a pic of the boot in one of these? Curious as to the finish inside.

^^ no bothers I'll get a few pics for you tomorrow.

Hit 6k during the week. The gear change (linkage or transmission) is after getting so much better, very smooth and direct.

MPG is getting noticeably better and the engine doesn't sound as coarse and revs a bit easier. Averaged 4.9L/100km (or for normal people 57mpg) on the last tank which was 20% city / 80% motorway.

The Start/Stop is getting annoying, you really have to think about putting the car in to neutral. I was driving down the N7 today behind a Renault Master and because my vision was impaired I couldn't judge whether to allow Stop/Start or keep the engine running.

• Advertisement

Sitec wrote: »
    ^^ no bothers I'll get a few pics for you tomorrow..

My one arrived since. 14,000 km on it so far. Get in or around 1000km per tank before I refuel it these days.

Haven't once been asked to pay the Van rate at a toll bridge either - Their fault for not noticing I suppose :cool:

tf2 wrote: »
    My one arrived since. 14,000 km on it so far. Get in or around 1000km per tank before I refuel it these days.

Haven't once been asked to pay the Van rate at a toll bridge either - Their fault for not noticing I suppose :cool:

Jesus that's big mileage! When did you get it? You must live in the car!

Picked it up on the 6th of March. So far so good. Its going in to the dealer in a few days for an oil change.

Is it not on a 30k interval?

I had thought 30k as well. The service sticker is marked down at 15,000km and the screen started showing a 'Change Oil in .....' notification.

• Advertisement

Discovered the radio in mine loses reception when I plug a phone charger into the cigarette lighter socket. 22,000km and so far it's the only real con.

...Except for the turbo which they replaced at the 15,000 service due to an 'intermittent flaw' they discovered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

tf2 wrote: »
    Discovered the radio in mine loses reception when I plug a phone charger into the cigarette lighter socket. 22,000km and so far it's the only real con.
    Most likely to be due to a cheap low quality USB charger.

40,000km update - picked it up early march.

Have had the turbo replaced (under warranty).
    Issue with the start/stop intermittently not releasing the brake.
    The buttons on the right of the steering wheel have stopped working. (having that looked at during next service too).
    The radio will sometimes freeze leaving me stuck on one channel until it sorts itself out. (having that looked at during next service too).
    The tyre pressure warning system has alerted me a few times to check tyre pressure.

On the up side the mpg is pretty good out of it all the time.

Advertisement