Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Staffie dog hogtied and cooked alive over a fire at The Curragh

123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Asked for reference showing mass murder rates, receive reference to "conduct disorders". Mmmmk.

you quoted this bit but yet choose to ignore it?
    im not trying to provide proof here. i know that cant be proven. but here's some interesting numbers to look at.

what part of that sentence claims to be showing murder rates? also you asked a different poster, i was providing information that actually supported your argument more than his. ie, him saying kids that turn into mass murderers have been proven to abuse animals (or whatever it was he claimed) that i said cant be proven to be true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I agree it is sad that they use the real tragedy of a dog dying from abuse to concoct a fictional story for the shock value.

It's sad they thought dog dies was not bad enough. They had to spoof and that in the end has detracted from the real story. It is journalism in reverse.

And now the real story and who did this is overshadowed.
    It is crackpot fake stories like this one that stop people from supporting animal shelters and such great people as those involved in the blue cross.
    its not a fake. the journal may have used artistic license on the actual details but the incident happened.

http://www.kfmradio.com/news/29012015-1707/reward-offered-info-dog-burned-alive-curragh

also the kwwspca, the crowd that took him in have the full story on their facebook.

also, one of the girls involved is also involved with a staffy/pit bull group that im involved with and had the same story (or it was relayed thru a friend of hers. ill have to double check my facts on this one).

the vet never claimed he was 'burned alive' but that with the heat, the organs would have slowly heated to the point of failure.

somtimes the source is the best place to find the truth.
    Sometimes the source is too broken or damaged to know what the truth looks like?

Was the "exaggeration" by the charity staff or by the vet or was it all down to some "journalist" at the journal? I doubt we will ever know but I do know that the next time I see such headlines on the journal I wont bother to click for more I'll just move on, nothing to see here!
    Decuc500 wrote: »
    The original story may have been exaggerated but the dog was still horrifically mistreated.
    No need to feel so vindicated.:rolleyes:
    Indeed the poor dog was obviously left tied up somewhere and left hungry for some time but to make the other claims about serious turture only turns people away from their support of organisations like the DSPCA and KWWSPCA.

I know I will think twice the next time some animal charity approaches me looking for money!

Their facebook page has no mention of this new development and posters are mentioning the terrible cruelty etc so its eyes(blinkered) down and walk on but one poster mentioned what I suspect is the real motive for the "false exaggeration" of this story and that was FUNDRAISING!
    Part of one message on the kwwspca facebook page reads,
    I am so happy you guys did all you could for poor Tony, and i hope you get the donations requested, everyone should get behind this there is way too much animal cruelty going on in this country with a big nod to Kildare lately, it seems every other week there is something on the news about horses being mutilated, left to die or whatever now this! sick of this it needs to stop, keep up the good work and I for one will be donating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

The injuries on this poor little mite are not consistent with being "cooked" over a fire. If he was hog tied over a fire that caused his internal organs to "cook" his back would be burnt and blistered. Who turned this horror story into an even more gruesome horror story ? Thats just wrong if the rescue did.

R.I.P. little man and run free in rainbow bridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

smash wrote: »
    Like I said before, I hate animal cruelty but there is zero evidence regarding the treatment or mistreatment of the dog. It's all just a connect the dots story and most of the details given previously were completely wrong.
    Apologies but now you are the one mistaken in the details even more so than the paper.The Kssspca page DOES state there was animal cruelty. The vet said so too. But the newspaper story was not accurate. But there was abuse.
    Damaged Trax
    the vet never claimed he was 'burned alive' but that with the heat, the organs would have slowly heated to the point of failure.

FOGGY LAD

It is crackpot fake stories like this one that stop people from supporting animal shelters and such great people as those involved in the blue cross.

No it's not. That's a silly statement.
    what I suspect is the real motive for the "false exaggeration" of this story and that was FUNDRAISING!

The newspaper was the one to make exaggerations don't libel a charity like that it's a VERY serious accusation to make. There is ZERO evidence the charity had anything to do with the exaggerations.You are making a vicious false allegation purely for effect on a forum and it is completely libelous.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I created a thread about this myself just when I heard the news, didn't know there was a pre-existing one.

I'm teary eyed just reading that, how can anyone do that I will never know.

Evil evil evil bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Doesnt look as bad as i pictured it, ive had worse sunburn, i seriously doubt that dog was spit roasted tbh, burned under his belly yes,anyway he was mistreated somehow and whoever did it needs to be caught, the media need to cop the fcuk on though the way they were going on about it i thought the dog had pole put through it and was litterally spit roasted

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Doesnt look as bad as i pictured it, ive had worse sunburn, i seriously doubt that dog was spit roasted tbh, burned under his belly yes,anyway he was mistreated somehow and whoever did it needs to be caught, the media need to cop the fcuk on though the way they were going on about it i thought the dog had pole put through it and was litterally spit roasted

I think the media just reported exactly what the rescue claimed without checking it out. RTE have since withdrawn some of the claims. I mean why exaggerate a dreadful act of cruelty?, was it not cruel enough that the poor creature was horrifically abused in the first place without blowing it into an even more headwrecking story. I have my own theory of what happened, but thats speculation too. The really sickening thing is animals are being horrifically treated on a daily basis all over the world. I don't understand or fathom what is wrong with people who can abuse animals like this, or neglect them, but I so hope that life will find a way to punish them.

K.W.W.S.P.C.A Have now admitted on their facebook page they don't know exactly what happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

maggiepip wrote: »
    K.W.W.S.P.C.A Have now admitted on their facebook page they don't know exactly what happened.
    What we do know is that poor little Tony had been severely abused and neglected and had been left to die in appalling distress and pain. There was evidence of rope marks on his legs and burns to the underside of his body. He was severely traumatised, undernourished and would have died slowly and painfully if he had not been found. We do not know what went on but we have passed all the information on to the Garda who are investigating the case.

so either the vet lied or the spca lied. bizarre.

• Advertisement

so either the vet lied or the spca lied. bizarre.

When people get very upset, and its obviously traumatizing dealing with cases like this, I suppose speculation can run amok, I dont know, but they do have a responsibility to try to stick to the facts of what they know, because its all bad enough without adding extra horrific speculation presented as fact.

Whatever the circumstances poor dog. Poor thing.

Advertisement