Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long to set up second bank account?

Options
  • 29-01-2015 4:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I was just wondering if anyone had an idea of how long it takes to set up a second bank account after going into the branch? Is it instant and I get a bank account number on the spot or do I have to wait for something to come in the post?

Anyone been in a similar situation?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Most will be able to give you your new account details on the spot.

Is there a specific bank you're asking about? If so, you may wish to mention who and what kind of account and a current customer may have more info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

adam_fgh wrote: »
    I was just wondering if anyone had an idea of how long it takes to set up a second bank account after going into the branch? Is it instant and I get a bank account number on the spot or do I have to wait for something to come in the post?

Anyone been in a similar situation?
    Thanks

It depends on the bank. Some will issue the IBAN on the spot, some won't. Some will email the IBAN and BIC to you if you specifically ask for this.

Opening the account online is in some cases a quicker way to get the IBAN and BIC.

Advertisement