Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best back bike light

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,805 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Smart lights can take rechargeables, no problem.

They run out sooner than non-rechargeable lights and they loose charge when not in use for weeks (say, the summer), so you need a rough recharging regime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,805 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

CramCycle wrote: »
    Yep, manufacturers used to say certain things did not suit rechargables, maybe they had voltage issues years ago or they were not as profitable but I have not had any issues.

I found music tuners don't work properly with rechargeable (wrong voltage maybe), but lights are fine. I mean, either they give out plenty of light or they don't. And they do.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

tomasrojo wrote: »
    Smart lights can take rechargeables, no problem.

They run out sooner than non-rechargeable lights and they loose charge when not in use for weeks (say, the summer), so you need a rough recharging regime.
    Forgot that, years ago they used to say let them die completely and then fully recharge. Now its recommended that you try to recharge them before they drop below 40 or 50% to keep their life, now 8f you let them die their lifespan reduces IMO quite rapidly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Chiparus

I use a fly 6 , but they have nearly doubled in price since I bought mine!!!

I presume it is because they won "gear of the year" in Outside magazine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Every month or two??? Jesus, I change them every few days. I fine they lose the extra brightness by then. €1.50 for a dozen in the Eurosaver shops.

That's because you're a machine and do a months worth of cycling in a few days :pac:

I'd actually change them on a monthly basis as it's easier to remember when I changed them last. I'm simple like that :)
    Chiparus wrote: »
    I use a fly 6 , but they have nearly doubled in price since I bought mine!!!

I presume it is because they won "gear of the year" in Outside magazine.

It's 225 euro now :eek: I'm lost for words.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ky Abu

Currently i have this Lezeyne Micro Rear Light and a LED Lenzer Front light.

Front is batteries, back is USB charge

Can Dynamo lights be got? Google doesnt seem to say so! Or am i living in the dark ages!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Ky Abu wrote: »
    Can Dynamo lights be got? Google doesnt seem to say so! Or am i living in the dark ages!
    Yes they can, although there are no flashing rear dynamo lights.

Lots of info about dynamo lighting products on the peterwhitecycles website.

Advertisement