Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running Shoes

Options
  • 29-01-2015 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi all,

Due to a successful weight loss lately I've decided I would love to start running, however I have no idea what trainers I should be wearing. I did try a pair of sketchers that I have at home and wore then for a few times starting out but I swear to god after a few days my knees were in absolute bits :(

Any suggestions on what I should wear to avoid destroying my knees? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Looks like you are based in Galway - if you could make it out to Amphibian King in Oranmore, they can give you a free assessment (best to call in advance) and no harm bringing the Sketchers along.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭martinak89

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Looks like you are based in Galway - if you could make it out to Amphibian King in Oranmore, they can give you a free assessment (best to call in advance) and no harm bringing the Sketchers along.

Oh never updated my boards location. I'm actually based in Tipperary now, but heading to Cork at the weekend. Any place down there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

So near yet so far :)

If it was me I would call in to John Buckley in Cork.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

John Buckley Sports has a good reputation. I've never been but I;'m sure they'll set you on the right track.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

re John Buckley. I have found some of the newer staff not great which is a pitty. tbh there is no where is Cork that I would trust for advise now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dcorcaigh

rom wrote: »
    re John Buckley. I have found some of the newer staff not great which is a pitty. tbh there is no where is Cork that I would trust for advise now.

I always buy my runners in John Buckleys but yes I do agree with rom the newer staff can be hit and miss. I usually just ask for John himself. Its still the best shop in cork for buying running gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

The Edge sports are very good.

Advertisement