Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

October 2015 Babies Club

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Hi guys.

Just checking in how everyone is doing?

My little man is 15 months today. He started walking in the last week or so. He is a bit hasty but im sure he will get there!

He still has a small touch of hip dysplasia and we have an appointment in feb to see has it improved, if not, we have to go down the surgery route. Am hoping that walking will fix it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Hello there everyone. It has been such a long time since anyone posted here. Our babies are all growing up fast!
    It would be good to see if we could get this thread going again. Probably won't be regular posts but if any of us had any concerns it would be great to speak to those with children the same age.

I'll try to kick start things!
    I'm currently on maternity leave with baby number 2 and my October chap will be due to start preschool in Sept, as I'm sure most of yours are. He has never been in a creche and my mother has always minded him. I put him into local creche for one morning a week and he screams blue murder every morning i drop him off. He settles after a few mins according to the staff but I'm afraid it will put him off going to preschool in Sept. He will be going to a different facility for preschool so this is really only to give him a chance to play with others and toughen up a bit/ learn to share.

Long story short should we just forget about creche and leave him be until Sept? Creche can only offer one morning at the minute but will have two mornings for the summer.

Hello there everyone. It has been such a long time since anyone posted here. Our babies are all growing up fast!
    It would be good to see if we could get this thread going again. Probably won't be regular posts but if any of us had any concerns it would be great to speak to those with children the same age.

I'll try to kick start things!
    I'm currently on maternity leave with baby number 2 and my October chap will be due to start preschool in Sept, as I'm sure most of yours are. He has never been in a creche and my mother has always minded him. I put him into local creche for one morning a week and he screams blue murder every morning i drop him off. He settles after a few mins according to the staff but I'm afraid it will put him off going to preschool in Sept. He will be going to a different facility for preschool so this is really only to give him a chance to play with others and toughen up a bit/ learn to share.

Long story short should we just forget about creche and leave him be until Sept? Creche can only offer one morning at the minute but will have two mornings for the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭orlyice

Hi heldel00 Congratulations on your second baba, how old is he/she?

I had the very premature baby (at 26 weeks) Who was due in October but arrived in July. Things have been good, had a lot of ups and downs since he was born, lots of appointments, illnesses, hospital stays, assessments and tests.. But we have come out of the other side of it now, we seem to have gotten best case scenario, he is meeting all his milestones and thriving, he would buy and sell you now. Stayed at home with him until he was 2, then we had him in a childminder, didn't work out for a number of reasons, moved him to a crèche last October and he has thrived since then.

In terms of the crèche with your little one, I would persevere. My husband mainly does the crèche drop but the odd occasion I do it he cries, still to this day and he is in there fulltime since oct. Could you organise someone else to drop him a few times? See if they get the same reaction?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Entropy7

My daughter has been looked after by her dad at home since I went to work after 6 months maternity leave, and we don't plan on sending her to creche, as we don't have any spare cash for that. She is starting pre-school in September in the primary school she will eventually attend, so I'm hoping to only go through the drop off tantrums once. I can understand your concern, heldel00, but I think my daughter plays up the drama for mammy. Daddy doesn't have to hear half the protesting that I get.  
    I'm 14 weeks pregnant on baby 2... we are expecting another October baba, after a few losses last year.  
    I didn't really post alot after my daughter's birth as I found the whole thing very difficult. I had a touch of PND and didn't get it sorted until late last year. I had a PPH after she was born. I had a tough time adjusting to new motherhood at the same time as recovering from an emergency situation. We are all grand now, and I feel so lucky to have a lovely daughter who is healthy and happy.

Orlyice i have thought of you so many times since you posted about yout little man arriving so early. I was doing a course and actually let a gasp out of me when i read your post. The other people at my table thought i had gotten bad news myself and it felt a bit strange to tell them that it was actually a stranger on the internet but i think you really feel like you know people, especially in the pregnancy threads. So glad to hear that all is well.

Our little girl is 3 months old. She is a dream baby. Couldn't ask for better. Thank god because i took nerve pain in my shoulder after her section and my shoulder has been paralysed since she was a week old. They tell me the power will come back but no one knows when. I couldn't deal with the nerve pain though. That was just horrific. Meds have it sorted for now.

Good advice there about maybe getting Daddy to do a drop off and see how it goes. Breaks my heart every time. He's a real little softie and i hate to think of him being unhappy for even a second. I think Mammy might need to toughen up a bit never mind him!

Advertisement