Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

October 2015 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Ladies, has anyone any experience with PUPPP?

I saw my consultant this morning and even though i have had this rash for a couple of months, this morning she recommended a hydrocortisone cream 1%. She said its perfectly safe.

Just wondering if anyone has this or previously had it?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 supersiren

Hi all great to see everyone going well. I was waiting until today to give an update as I was back For my 32 week scan and domino appointment. Thankfully we had a different midwife from the last day doin the scan and what a difference she made..I've bein walking around with a massive smile on my face all day😄 my scan was to see if my placenta which was low lying had moved so she couldn't really tell for definite (due to not havin a full bladder although I couldn't have drank anymore water this mornin) but they reckon it's definitely moved some so back for another scan in 4 weeks. Other than that everything looks and is goin great..got a great pic of the baby's face up close sucking its thumb!!! She also said the baby is weighing in at 4lbs 6oz (didn't know they could be so exact) with another 8 weeks to go!
    Work is definitely getting tougher (I'm a chef) but im back to 3 day week from next week and it's quieting down this time of year thank God. Sleep is ok..on and off some nights, plenty of toilet trips! Finding myself getting a lot stiffer and am having very mild crampy like feelings In my tummy which I was told by a midwife yesterday was braxton hicks.
    I think that's all for now..I'm sure theres bits and pieces im leaving out..hope everyone else is keeping well and counting down the days like I am:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Supersiren just re the weight, it's not exact. My baby was estimated at 6lbs 11ozs on Friday, born Monday at 7lbs 7ozs, I think they're just a ballpark figure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Entropy7

All good here at 34 weeks. I had a scan to check for low lying placenta and growth of the baby, and I just heard all the things I wanted to hear. Baby was about 5lbs 6oz. Placenta has moved higher so no issues there. Baby's head is down in cephalic presentation. Hearing all this made me very happy!

The last few days have been more difficult than all 34 weeks that have passed so far. There's been a noticeable shift in difficulty sleeping and walking. I think the baby's head is nudging further down - good news, but it means I'm waddling rather than walking. I'm waking alot at night. I grab sleep whenever I can.

I wasnt feeling right during the week and then my gp referred me to hospital. Long story short, after 3 days here, last night it was confirmed I have pre eclampsia.

I kind of suspected it to be honest as i was showing all the signs... swelling,headache, seeing stars and vomitting. Then when my GP saw my BP and protein results I was sent straight over.

So I am here for God knows how long. My consultant is much happier I am here. I received my 2 steroid shots yesterday to prepare the babys lungs for early delivery but how early i don't know. 😯

Sorry to hear that Cruais. I supposed it's better now that it's diagnosed and you and the baby can be monitored appropriately.

I had a bit of a rise in blood pressure... so am keeping an eye on that every few days. I've had a little swelling but i think it's just normal pregnancy swelling.

The heartburn is something else. I was up for 3 hours last night with it. It's a small complaint.

I am looking forward to the baby's arrival now. It's not quite real that we'll be parents in a few weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭nono2012

hi ladies, how is everyone doing these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 hawii50

All good here Nono, how are you doing?? Im feelling good this weather, a little bit tired but that's it. Was in for a scan yesterday and all looking good. starting to feel like its getting very close now. 36 weeks today, have so much to do!! Have you packed your bag yet Nono?

Hey hawii50, great news all is good with you.. I'm doing well, can't believe in a few weeks we will all b over the labour and at home with our little bundles :-) it's so exciting :-)

Glad to hear everyone is doing well!
    Its so exciting that we are nearly there!

I was re admitted to hospital on monday for pre eclampsia and looks like i will be staying here until the baby is born.

I have a feeling that by next week they will start to make a move as they had to doubley blood pressure tablet dosage to keep it down but the baby is still thriving which is good!

• Advertisement

I'm doing well. Finished work this week, so I'm catching up on sleep.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Sounds like it hasn't been plain sailing for your Cruais, on the plus side though it sounds like you might get to meet your lil one very soon which would be lovely. How are you finding being in the hospital? Are you able to get some sleep? Yes its getting so exciting that we are getting so close, I think im still pretty much in denial though most of the time, its so hard to imagine that I will be a Mum in a few weeks!!!

Yeah. I haven't packed a bag for the hospital yet. Might do that tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 trinidad

Hi Ladies, Havent been on here for a while and never had time to contribute. Its lovely to hear you are all doing fine. I am due 15.10. Belly is huge and after our scan we know the baby is very long and possibly big. At least the head is average size so finegrs crossed it ll be easy enough to push. I have arranged a homebirth, so hoping it will go ahead. Cant believe we are all due so soon. It is very very exciting. We havent found out the sex so its a waiting game, but i feel it could be a boy. everything organised, apart from some clothes. I intend to bf but will start an evening course 2x a week in October so am hopiong to get some nice glas bottles. Does anyone know of any good ones?

Ill be starting my maternity 3 October. cant wait.

Wishing all you ladies a great birth experience:) We can do it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Cruais how fat along are you now? I thought alright it sounded like you had pre e with the headache and other symptoms. If you have any questions at all at any time pm me as I went through exactly this ☺

37 weeks today. . . The last few weeks from about 30 weeks have been physically demanding. Just walking to the shop is an effort, but it has to be done to replenish the chocolate in the house.

Im 37 weeks today aswell Entropy! We are on the home run! Im feeling ok but cant walk too far either as babs is sitting on my bladder which isnt fun. Finishing up work on Friday, it feels very surreal to be finishing. Im glad to hear you are liking the chocolate too, Im craving all things sweet at the moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Maternity leave begins today. Yeooowwwww!!!

I have just been catching up on sleep since finishing work. Nothing else is getting done. I need to pack a bag for the hospital but I keep putting that off. I washed a load of baby clothes at the weekend. The little baby gros are soooooo cute. We got some baby clothes in M&S, whichever are my favourites. They'll probably fit the baby for a week, but I still love them.

• Advertisement

The baby clothes are amazing aren't they especially the little mittens and hats. This really is the home stretch for us now ladies

Im still in my new home which is hospital. Into my 3rd week and slowly going demented. A decision is being made at the moment to deliver but they are waiting until 37 weeks which is saturday, so fingers crossed we will finally get to meet our new little pal at the weekend

aw Cruais, that's great news :) imagine you will have your little girl or boy this weekend :) how exciting :) I hope it all goes well for you.. I am a bit jealous.. I have another 4 weeks to go :):)

Well ladies

After feeling perfectly fine for my dr check yesterday morning, in the afternoon i took a turn completely out of the blue,.with my bp rising and rising. This resulted in an emergency c section.

My epidural didnt work, i felt the incision so it was stopped and i was given a general anaesthetic.

I woke up to find we have a beautiful baby boy, weighing in at 5 lbs 9oz. It is the best feeling in my.life and it makes everything that i have gone through with the pre eclampsia totally worth it.

Congratulations on the arrival of your little boy, Cruais!

O wow cruais.. Congrats to both of you. A Beautiful baby boy.. Well done and congrats x

That's fantastic news Cruais, congratulations!!! Glad to hear you are both doing well :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Bunsbun

Hi ladies. Sorry to be a negative nelly here but is anyone else really scared about their birth?

I have a very low pain threshold and have been feeling really anxious even with Braxton Hicks. So i'm really scared about how i'll cope with the birth. I'm 38 weeks today and this evening, I got so upset thinking about what's in store at the birth. Our pregnancy was completely unplanned and we've had a horrendous year so it's been hard getting our heads around all this. I've been doing the gentlebirth programme since 34 weeks or so and I listen to the tracks every day without fail. But my fear is still there and i'm just so terrified.

Anyone else feel like this?:(

The way I look at it is that there will be a few hours of pain which I have to get to the other side of, in order to meet my much wanted new little human. The pain will be temporary and survivable.

Hey bunsbun, I was the same as you a few weeks ago, I was so upset thinking o god I have to go thru this, and at the end of the day it's upto me to bring our little one safely into the world. But I've since seen that the doctors and midwives are dealing with birth day in day out and they are there for us and will help us any way they can. There is probably women giving birth now as I type this. Our bodies are designed for this.. We are able for this xx

My attitude is, this baby has to come out simple as that. Now I can be scared for the next 4 weeks that he pain will b horrendous and I will tear and this and that or I can enjoy my few weeks off. Thing is I cud end up getting a section and all that time worrying wud have been for nothing. So what will b will b, please enjoy this time and know we are all in the same boat and we can do this x so
    Can you.. Xx

I have had a few teary moments. Mostly in the middle of the night when I can't sleep and am thinking too much.
    What really helped me was when my husband told me that he has had panicky moments too. At least I'm not on my own with these feelings. But then again we are the ones that have to go through it!
    My MIL is constantly complaining about sore toe, sore finger, pain in her ear etc. She obviously has a low pain threshold and she had seven children. I keep looking at her and thinking if she can do it, so can I. As nono said, we are designed for this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Bunsbun

Thank you all so much. I really really appreciate you all taking the time to share your techniques and experiences. I will be re-reading them as the big day approaches.:) xx

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Hi Bunsbun, I was like this on my first as I am a total wuss when it comes to pain! Just keep an open mind as you might surprise yourself - I handled it pain free to 5cm. It started out just feeling like period pain, and I was so
    Calm. The midwives really help. At 5 I asked for epidural, it's what I wanted. After that I was chilled out in bed, resting and felt no more. I had a great experience, and yes I had epidural but it's there if you want it. I still
    Feel anxious going again in 3 weeks but it's only
    Natural.

Well the nesting has officially begun! I actually washed the washing machine today!

Same re nesting. I have an overwhelming urge to have everything spotless. I keep waking at night (not that I'm sleeping) going through if my bag is packed, what I will do when labour starts, will my son be ok, will my cats be ok....ridiculous! 😀

Well ladies.. Baby boy born by emergency c section.. A little cutie.. All is well..

Congrats on your new arrival, nono! A little boy!

Congratulations Nono, that's fantastic news. Delighted you are both doing well. Enjoy your new adventure :-)

Congrats Nono. Its the best feeling in the world. Our dude is a week old today and doing well x

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭orlyice

Cruais and nono, massive congratulations to ye both on the new arrivals, delighted for ye both. Going to be busy here over next few weeks.

My little man is still in hospital, doing well, taking feeds but has bad reflux, it's the only thing stopping us going home. Has been very cross, it's trial and error with meds.

orlyice wrote: »
    Cruais and nono, massive congratulations to ye both on the new arrivals, delighted for ye both. Going to be busy here over next few weeks.

My little man is still in hospital, doing well, taking feeds but has bad reflux, it's the only thing stopping us going home. Has been very cross, it's trial and error with meds.

Fingers crossed he gets to go home soon!

• Advertisement

Ah I hope he gets to go home soon.. Xx

Congrats to all the new mums and welcome new arrivals! Reading your posts is getting me excited!
    Anyone left in the countdown getting frustrated? I have a sweep on the 8th, will be 39 weeks. Hoping it works, did last time.
    Would love to go before then though, am so sore and immobile this time around. And lugging a toddler about is no fun!
    For any first timers on mat leave and waiting - put your feet up while
    You can

Not long to go now...

39 weeks tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Pop in here as baby girl born this morning instead of September. Best of luck to everyone else, my wife had a tough three days in hospital but all worth it now. Oh and we went with laoise.

Congratulations on the arrival of your little girl. It's finally October.

3.30am, awake for the last hour with 'braxton hicks' so decided to get up and move around. Amazing that this is not my first time and I am still googling 'am I in labour' at this hour 😅

poconnor16 wrote: »
    3.30am, awake for the last hour with 'braxton hicks' so decided to get up and move around. Amazing that this is not my first time and I am still googling 'am I in labour' at this hour 😅

Did they turn into anything? Braxton hicks are horrible

They sure did....they stayed irregular really but by 2pm next day, I couldn't talk through them. Decided to err on side of caution and head in, was 2cm. 4 hours later, baby girl arrived. Don't
    Doubt yourself ladies!! Worst they can do is send you home.
    Good luck to you all, the best bit of yet to come
    Xx

Woo hoo! Now we've got the October thread rollin'! Congrats to all the new mammies xxx

• Advertisement

poconnor16 wrote: »
    They sure did....they stayed irregular really but by 2pm next day, I couldn't talk through them. Decided to err on side of caution and head in, was 2cm. 4 hours later, baby girl arrived. Don't
    Doubt yourself ladies!! Worst they can do is send you home.
    Good luck to you all, the best bit of yet to come
    Xx

Wow! Congrats! It truely is the best feeling in the world

Advertisement