Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

A cyclist got my goat...

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    To the cyclist who broke a red light while turning right onto the Terenure Road last night, forcing me to brake hard, nearly dumping the bike & then giving me two fingers....

I hope you got your fingers splinted, you'll not be giving anyone else the fingers for a while.

I shouldn't have reacted but I did, can't change the past.

I hope we both learned a valuable lesson.

Good man, eh you did what now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Lost my temper & did something I regretted on after thought TBH

I'm sure its been mentioned on this long and boring thread, that we see so many d^kheads that we become oblivious to them, cast our eyes up to heaven and drive on. Thats the way I roll inanyways

You don't know me...dickhead?

I made an error in judgement, out of temper, that I regretted.

You roll any fúcking way you want & leave me to mine.

You don't know me...dickhead?

I made an error in judgement out of temper that I regretted.

You roll any fúcking way you want & leave me to mine.
    Calm down man, maybe you misread it, I was accusing the cyclist of being a dickhead, however with your reply I would imagine that you were in the wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

AnywAy Any updates on the goat?

Calm down man, maybe you misread it, I was accusing the cyclist of being a dickhead, however with your reply I would imagine that you were in the wrong.
    I come off a green light, Mr Cyclist breaks a red light whilst turning right into my trajectory, while entering the yellow box, forcing me to break hard, gives me the fingers & I'm in the wrong?

The 'd^ckhead' tag I thought was directed at me personally, my apologies if misconstrued.

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

Of course the bigger dickhead isn't the guy who cannot control his temper and breaks 2 fingers, but the rude road user who breaks a red and cannot apologise or admit he's in the wrong (albeit goes on his way).

rat_race wrote: »
    Of course the bigger dickhead isn't the guy who cannot control his temper and breaks 2 fingers, but the rude road user who breaks a red and cannot apologise or admit he's in the wrong (albeit goes on his way).
    The cyclist who became aggressive when confronted & started poking me in the chest with the offending digits was a dickhead, as was I for reacting the way I did, hence the lesson learnt quip.

But sure judge not & all that, I acknowledge my mistake.

The cyclist who became aggressive when confronted & started poking me in the chest with the offending digits was a dickhead, as was I for reacting the way I did, hence the lesson learnt quip.

But sure judge not & all that, I acknowledge my mistake.

Ah I'm just playing. Personally, if you're story is 100% accurate (i.e., there was no speeding and it was 100% his fault), then I'd have done the same to him.

Despicable when people can't just admit when they're wrong and move on...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

anto3473 wrote: »
    One time I was doing around 35k/h down a cycle lane and 2 lads were loading a big mirror into a van parked on the footpath and damn near blinded me with the reflection. I think I involuntary let out tens of swear words at them in about a second - before cycling away quickly because there were 2 of them and they were bigger than me :/

But there was two of you too!!.

:pac::pac::pac:

*groan* :)

Advertisement