Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Minix X8-H Plus

• 29-01-2015 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi,

Just bought the Minix X8-H Plus. Excuse the ignorance here!!

I am looking for advice on what way is best to watch all the irish and uk channels live. Currently have to go into videos, there is an app in there for RTE where I can stream them, but can't find the likes of TV3 and TG4...is there a way of getting them all on one app?

Also is there anything that is a must for downloading? Have showbox, Netflix, Cinema HD, Mobdro, but anything else?

Really want to get the best out of the box which I am not!!! Any help greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭wush06

Have a read on these sites loads of info about software and firmware updates and how to get the best out of your box.

http://www.freaktab.com/forumdisplay.php?187-Minix-AML-Devices-X6-X8-etc
    http://www.minixforum.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

Anyone using their Minix x8 H-plus for the airplay functionality?
    I've been trying but its skipping an awful lot...
    I only have a couple of devices on the wifi network and I'm in a small apartment, so I think I can rule out those possibilities.
    Anyone else having issues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭cryptocurrency

I dug up one of these the other day. Plugged it in and it seems lots of the apps not working and need updating but don't think it is supported now. I fancied sticking in one of the spare rooms to the TV as an extra feature to the TV. Now, is this thing completely useless now? I see android boxes don't cost much now but this one looked better then many available now mainly due to the control/mouse.

The reason it was not used in so long is because I have Xiaomi and Apple boxs connected to the TVs now and didn't need to use it but now in lockdown fancied chacking the likes of popcorn time for a movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

I dug up one of these the other day. Plugged it in and it seems lots of the apps not working and need updating but don't think it is supported now. I fancied sticking in one of the spare rooms to the TV as an extra feature to the TV. Now, is this thing completely useless now? I see android boxes don't cost much now but this one looked better then many available now mainly due to the control/mouse.

The reason it was not used in so long is because I have Xiaomi and Apple boxs connected to the TVs now and didn't need to use it but now in lockdown fancied chacking the likes of popcorn time for a movie.

There's plenty to do with it. You can look on forums like Freektab/XDA and find custom roms/firmwares for it.
    You could also turn it into a Kodi only box(for your own media or third party addons(not to be discussed here) .
    By installing Libreelec or Openelec.... See HERE

Advertisement