Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

457 quick questions

• 29-01-2015 10:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭

Hi guys,

As some of you may remember, I posted about getting made redundant on my 457 in November.

We have less than 2 weeks left and still no luck getting the visa taken over.

But, I have just received an offer of work from my former sponsoring employer....what or where do I stand with this if I accept it?

Would they be able to retract the notice of ceasing to work for them, to allow the 457 to continue?

I have my 2nd year visa available if needed, but my partner was also on my 457 and has no visas remain but her employer wants to keep her on. Her job position doesnt fall into any category for her to apply for a 457.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,634 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If they've formally with drawn their sponsorship, then they'll need to reinstate it.
    They should already be covered as an SBS (check the time frames though) and you are already approved for the role on the previous application. You should be able to get sort with just a nomination form and fee*.

457 has changed since I did it, so double check all into with immi.

Advertisement