Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shuttle + openelec = no HDMI sound

• 29-01-2015 10:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭

Hi folks.

Have an old Shuttle and I stuck openelec on last night. It has a HDMI port and I have used it before and had sound going through the port with no issues.

I have made sure HDMI audio is enabled in the bios and I have changed the system settings to HDMI audio but no dice. I also saw online is someone changed vid resolution to 720 but that didn't work either.

I am getting audio from the headphone Jacks. Once that is picked as the audio output.

Anyone any ideas? Drove me mad last night. I reinstalled also to try and get it sorted Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

There are often several HDMI output options, depending on hardware, make sure you check them all.

When playing a video check the audio adjustment - icon in bottom right - sometimes the levels get reset. If this is the solution make sure you set the new settings as default. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Cheers for the reply

I got it. A lot of trial and error but delighted with myself!

If anyone else needs the solution I can check my settings for them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

brightkane wrote: »
    Cheers for the reply

I got it. A lot of trial and error but delighted with myself!

If anyone else needs the solution I can check my settings for them!

Glad you got it working ...... you might post which solution worked for you so others with a similar problem might benefit. ;)

Advertisement