Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken Card

Options
  • 29-01-2015 10:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Dear BOI personnel,

I have a visa debit card which is damaged. Damage has occurred due to normal use and I need a replacement card. Could you organize this for me?

Also can you clarify if i have booked a hotel with this card and my new card comes with a new card number will the hotel still be able to process payment?

Regards,

Brian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Brian...howdy!

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

There are several ways in which you can order a replacement card. If you are registered for 365Online and still have your card number, you can log on to the Online Service Desk and place your order here. Alternatively, please call Bank of Ireland Direct on 0818 365 365 / 00353 1404 4000 and a representative will be more than happy to assist you with this. 

When you order a replacement card the old card will deactivate within a specified time frame. As such, it would be best to contact the hotel and explain the situation. Generally speaking, you should not experience any difficulty however, it is best to check with the hotel directly. 

We hope this helps and if there is anything else we can assist you with here, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine  

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

I have a similar situation, I have broken my card and need a new one. Can the new card keep the same number or do I have to get a new card number, expiry and ccv code?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon thewheel2.0, 

Thank you for your post here today on Boards.ie. 

When you order a replacement Visa Debit card the card number, expiry and CVV code will automatically update. Regrettably, it is not possible to keep the same information. 

For information on how you can order this card online and indeed other helpful services, please see here

We hope this helps and if we can assist you with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement