Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billy Idol - The Marquee, Cork - 17th June.

Options
  • 29-01-2015 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭

The tickets went on sale this morning. I bought two, but for some reason had to select the 'Flat Seating' section - what would normally have been designated as 'Standing') and was allocated a row and seat numbers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

I went to a Ticketmaster outlet this morning to get mine, I too wanted standing - but was told it's seating only (suppose they think we're all older and on zimmerframes hence the seating :D ) My tickets are fourth row from the front but there will be no prob getting up and dancing around - as I've seen that at concerts over the years there. As I was leaving the shop another guy was asking for 3 tickets for standing. Bet the staff will be fed up reiterating the seating story to buyers today. So looking forward to this concert. J

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

That's absolutely ridiculous if it's a seated gig.

But Birneybau we won't be seated - I reckon everyone will up the second he gets on the stage :-) (Don't let that put you off coming to Cork, the Marquee is a great venue for summer months). J

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Judes wrote: »
    But Birneybau we won't be seated - I reckon everyone will up the second he gets on the stage :-) (Don't let that put you off coming to Cork, the Marquee is a great venue for summer months). J

I've been, for Neil Young last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Standing tickets available on ticketmaster now.

• Advertisement

I've noticed at "seated" concerts previously that there may be standing room between the seats at the front and the raised seating in the stands. But you won't be in the front. Doesn't matter we'll all be jumping out of our seats either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

poundhound wrote: »
    Standing tickets available on ticketmaster now.

It seems they have switched the flat seating to standing,very bizarre.

I hate all seated gigs anyway .

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭The Th!ng

Got this from Ticketmaster today:
    Dear Customer

The organisers of the event have been in touch to let us know that Billy Idol in the Marquee on 17th June 2015 is now a standing and seating event.

Ground floor has now changed to a standing area which means some of the lower rows in the blocks have to be removed.

We have changed your ticket, it now has GA (general admission/standing) written on them.

These new tickets will be printed and posted in the coming days. If the standing tickets are not suitable please reply to the email and we can arrange seats in another block for you instead.

We do apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

Kindest regards

Ticketmaster
    Thank fcuk for that :-) This'll be my fourth time seeing him, best concerts I've ever been to.

Advertisement