Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Payments

Options
  • 29-01-2015 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hey there,

I was wondering if you could help - I used the BOI app to transfer payment to my credit card yesterday ahead of my bill - to pay it off early, however, this morning the card took out the Direct debit for the bill (I had thought it came out a few days later).

This morning was a serious surprise! But I was wondering how I could go about transferring the initial payment I had made, back to my current account?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi coconut2674

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie for help with your query.

You can contact Card Services to have this payment returned to your bank account. Please call 0818 251 251 / 00353 5677 57747, a colleague will be happy to help you.

Also, just some information regarding payments and direct debits. Since the introduction of SEPA in early 2014, changes were made to the direct debit and manual payment time frames for Credit Cards. It will be necessary for manual payments to be received to your Credit Card at least 4 working days prior to the payment due date in order to adjust your direct debit for you.

We hope this helps , an further queries please feel free to ask us here.

Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 38 coconut2674

Hi coconut2674

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie for help with your query.

You can contact Card Services to have this payment returned to your bank account. Please call 0818 251 251 / 00353 5677 57747, a colleague will be happy to help you.

Also, just some information regarding payments and direct debits. Since the introduction of SEPA in early 2014, changes were made to the direct debit and manual payment time frames for Credit Cards. It will be necessary for manual payments to be received to your Credit Card at least 4 working days prior to the payment due date in order to adjust your direct debit for you.

We hope this helps , an further queries please feel free to ask us here.

Thanks
    Alison
    Thanks Alison,

I called Card Services, but the representative didn't overly re-assure me that it could be transferred back, she mentioned that I could take it out as cash from the card, which didn't fill me with confidence - so just wanted to double check.

Thanks for confirming!

Advertisement