Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card expires when i am "Unreachable"

Options
  • 29-01-2015 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi

My Mastercard is due to expire in July 2015.
    I will be on a long distance hike from April  to November and will be basically every day in another town. So no chance to get the replacement card.
    Is there any chance to get the new card now.
    I know for security reasons its max 3 month before possible to get the new card but there must be exceptions for such cases.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

rudimenter wrote: »
    Hi

I will be on a long distance hike from April  to November and will be basically every day in another town. So no chance to get the replacement card.
    I know for security reasons its max 3 month before possible to get the new card but there must be exceptions for such cases.

Thanks
    Hi rudimenter,

Thanks for contacting us and welcome to Boards.ie

As you correctly mention, for security reasons, a new card can only be issued 3 months before its expiry date. Your existing credit card will remain active until the the last day of the expiry month. Credit Card Services can send a new card to your home address however you would need to request it within the 3 months. You can contact Credit Card Services on 0818 251 251 / +353 56 7757747

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rudimenter

Hi

Thanks
    Hi rudimenter,

As you correctly mention, for security reasons, a new card can only be issued 3 months before its expiry date. Your existing credit card will remain active until the the last day of the expiry month. Credit Card Services can send a new card to your home address however you would need to request it within the 3 months. You can contact Credit Card Services on 0818 251 251 / +353 56 7757747

Thanks

Billy
    Is there no exception what can be done. I am really worried i don't have the card available for my big trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

Hi

Thanks
    Hi rudimenter,

Thanks

Billy
    Is there no exception what can be done. I am really worried i don't have the card available for my big trip.
    Get a second credit card? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi

Thanks
    Hi rudimenter,

Thanks

Billy
    Hi rudimenter,

Thanks for your reply. 

Regrettably, it would not be possible to have a new card issued before this three months period, there would be no exceptions. 

Please let us know if you need help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement