Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site styles

Options
  • 29-01-2015 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I know this is a crazy request :D

but I had to ask.

My job for some reason has blocked b-static.net - This is where Boards.ie stores all it's CSS / Javascript etc

Would it be possible for you to store these files locally ?

All i see now is white backboards and text.. no css :(
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

I believe it's possible, but you'd have to probably get Grease Monkey or some other such developer plug-in for your browser and make it work that way.

Not something we have any time to help you with at the moment I'm afraid - I'm not even sure if that'd be the correct answer to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

One more question... are all styles stored in the same place ? .. If there was some not stored on b-static.net I could select them and enjoy the site again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

All static content (so images, CSS and maybe some of the JS files I think) is stored there, regardless of the style you use.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,634 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Presumably they blocked b-static for a reason? Even if they were moved to boards.ie, wouldn't they just block boards.ie for the same reason?

You could always download all the CSS files off-site, and use the Stylish Firefox add-on to apply them to *.boards.ie. It would be pretty tedious stuff though, there's quite a few files, and lots of inline CSS on the pages themselves.

TBH, blocking b-static but not boards doesn't make a whole lot of sense, b-static is a boards-only domain. It's either a mistake (in which case you could ask them to lift it) or an oversight (they meant to block both, in which case drawing attention to it will mean they block boards totally)

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

28064212 wrote: »
    Presumably they blocked b-static for a reason? Even if they were moved to boards.ie, wouldn't they just block boards.ie for the same reason?

You could always download all the CSS files off-site, and use the Stylish Firefox add-on to apply them to *.boards.ie. It would be pretty tedious stuff though, there's quite a few files, and lots of inline CSS on the pages themselves.

TBH, blocking b-static but not boards doesn't make a whole lot of sense, b-static is a boards-only domain. It's either a mistake (in which case you could ask them to lift it) or an oversight (they meant to block both, in which case drawing attention to it will mean they block boards totally)

I tired the stylish thing before posting it didn't work.

See Boards.ie is not blocked.

b-static is a CDN and they for some reason wanted to block it..

But I submitted a helpdesk ticket asking them to unblock b-static as it was messing up boards.ie and most people in the company would use it bla bla bla and they unblocked it :D so it's all nice and lovely again :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Boards.ie: Chris

NeVeR wrote: »

b-static is a CDN and they for some reason wanted to block it..

But it's our CDN :confused:

Nothing else hosted on it. Odd for them to block the one domain.

But it's our CDN :confused:

Nothing else hosted on it. Odd for them to block the one domain.

I've no idea why they did.. maybe an automated script monitoring company traffic picked it up and it auto blocked it.. I don't work in that dept and since it's back working now I don't need to ask anymore questions :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭_Jumper_

What area you work in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Would the touch site work? Or does that pull stuff from b-static as well?

_Jumper_ wrote: »
    What area you work in?

I'm a secret agent .... I've said to much already :D
    Orion wrote: »
    Would the touch site work? Or does that pull stuff from b-static as well?

I actually tried that at the time.. it didn't work.. but it's all good now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement